Saturday, September 30, 2006

Decorating is dull

Now what I had planned to do today was strip off wall paper and prepare my breakfast room for a much needed update ( this is the room I used as an office for the past 5 years). So far I have found many reasons not to begin such as doing several loads of laundry, leisurely reading the paper over coffee, looking at several cookery books, and making a delicious vegetable soup for lunch (as you say Sam I keep coming back to food and this is not a food blog- (I have an old cookery book that belonged to my granny and it is very interesting so will feature this in a future post as I am about to try a recipe).

I wondered what amusing little anecdotes I could remember from Sam and Beccy's youth. I don't really want to embarrass my children they might retaliate! However, I have just been looking through some old photo albums belonging to Sam so today I will concentrate on her (your turn will come Beccy).
Just to show Sam's interest in food and drink here are snaps of her 18th birthday picnic in 1984.


I think her appreciation of food and wine has greatly improved over the years



Also how she fed herself on a caravan holiday she had with her friends. I think has come a long way with her food presentation since then what do you think?






Stripping wallpaper will now have to wait until tomorrow as, would you believe it, my husband is waiting for his dinner, now do I send him out for a take-away- no better not I said when I retired I would do more cooking so I must away to the kitchen. Will be back tomorrow.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 30/9/06 19:16, Blogger Sam said...

I think my hair cuts have come a long way since then.

I HATE that watermelon picture. How could you?

this is war.

 
At 30/9/06 19:19, Blogger Sam said...

PS - I would also like to state that at my insistence we had fancy asparagus and smoked salmon sandwiches on that picnic, which I think was pretty sophisticated for an 18 yr old english girl back in 1984.

 
At 30/9/06 19:19, Blogger Sam said...

ok - so the asparagus was from a tin, but it was a start.

 
At 30/9/06 19:59, Blogger Sam said...

fred just agreed that picture is ugly. he said I look like a boy.

In future no short hair pictures or perm hair pictures or else I vow to take revenge.

 
At 30/9/06 22:23, Blogger Beccy said...

Mum I think you should concentrate on Sam as all her friends will be very interseted in hearing all about her!

 
At 30/9/06 22:32, Blogger Beccy said...

I agree haircut pretty bad will have to show kids in the morning.

Is that a minnie mouse t-shirt Sam's wearing?

 
At 30/9/06 22:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

Careful Becs I have some of you that my grandchildren will love to see

 
At 30/9/06 22:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so interesting. It is sharing another families life. Although it feels a little like eavesdropping. I envy the relationship that exists between you all.

 
At 30/9/06 23:40, Blogger Sam said...

Barbara - I wouldn't envy my mum too much rought now. I am thinking of picking out a nice unflattering picture of her to post on my blog ;)

 
At 30/9/06 23:42, Blogger Sam said...

oi beccy - i am wearing a David Bowie 'Lets Dance' Tour Tshirt in the ugly picture and in the 18th birthday pic it is a Marc Bolan Trex Tshirt.

Actually.

 
At 1/10/06 14:50, Blogger ChrisB said...

Barbara I hope you will continue to share our bickerings- we love each other really

 
At 1/10/06 19:33, Blogger Beccy said...

Ok Sam all is forgiven over the t-shirts!
Mum the children would only like to see nice pics of me, they told me so!

 
At 2/10/06 02:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Marc Bolan and T Rex music in the seventies. Can't help but dance to it when I hear it even now.

 
At 4/10/06 08:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very greedy Auntie Sam
love Mollie.

 
At 4/10/06 08:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grandma will you tell auntie sam that she is greedy
ben

 
At 4/10/06 08:25, Blogger ChrisB said...

Hi Mollie and Ben She might be cross if I do that Grandma

 
At 4/10/06 21:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheeky little tikes.

their mother put them up to this.

Tell them Auntie Sam was brought up by Grandma to share, and that she had several friends on this picnic who enjoyed sharing all the food, including those with a healthy appetite like their mother, Beccy.

 
At 5/10/06 09:08, Blogger Beccy said...

Their mother did not put them up to it! I think it's the watermelon photo they're referring to and i have to admit that they have extremely healthy appetites (in other words they're always eating or looking to eat!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home