Monday, September 25, 2006

Manic Mondays


I cannot believe how quickly the time is passing this is the third Monday since I finished work and I used to be glued to my work computer frantically trying to deal with masses of emails, memos and tasks that had appeared over the weekend. I have to say Mondays are still very busy; I have to drop my mother to the hairdressers and then I go and do the shopping and this is where the problem starts. My local Sainsbury's have been doing a million pound refit of the store without closing it down. The customer I regretfully have to say is suffering; one example, I used to be able to go to the organic section of the fruit and veg and select very easily; now everything is intermingled and much less easy to find. It takes time asking a member of staff where everything is, and often what I want and have had for years is no longer available and can you get a straight answer 'is this just temporary' of course not. I actually wrote out a complaint form and I was told that I would receive a phone call from customer services; no such luck. I met my neighbour this morning who was also complaining and protesting that in future she would be shopping at Tesco. Result I keep having to back track and my shopping takes twice as long, over 2 hours today or maybe I am just slowing down without realising it. For at least 4 weeks now I have been unable to get my mother tins of John West pink salmon and it seems they have stopped Angus beef cottage pies which was an easy stand by meal for her with fresh veg. I asked a member of staff today when the clothes section was going to re-open she had no idea' look for a notice' was the reply. Very clever to send me a £5 voucher which I can't spend!! Well I've had my moan and I hope for better by next week but I won't hold my breath. After 20 years shopping at Sainsbury's is it time for a change!!


To end on a happy note which always cheers me up is a picture of my 3 grandchildren taken when they visited me back in July; thank you very much for the lovely retirement cards you made me and also thank your mother as well ( I don't think I quite resemble 'Betty Boo" but wouldn't mind the figure), they have pride of place on my mantelpiece. Maybe this calls for a photo! I am now off to start preparation for the retirement party I am hosting on Weds lunch time. I'm not panicking yet but I'm sure I will be by tomorrow evening. I'll keep you posted.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 25/9/06 15:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mum! You are going to give up on Sainsburys???? But you LOVE Sainsbury's.
Maybe you will have to go to Waitrose instead.

 
At 25/9/06 20:28, Blogger Beccy said...

I was reading about Waitrose on a blog and would love to shop there, the downside is that it's very expensive! I still wish they had a Sainsburys here, Tesco is awful in terms of customer service and while Dunnes is OK I'd prefer a Sainsburys!

 
At 26/9/06 16:04, Blogger Sam said...

yes, now she is retired, she will have to forgot all those fancy stores and do her shopping in Kwik Save or Gateway instead.

Do you think Waitrose really is more expensive, or just that it has nicer things which makes you buy more?

Beccy - were you reading Eggbeater perchance?

 
At 26/9/06 17:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Both Do you not remember when we lived in Henleaze we used to shop at Waitrose quite regularly; OK not all the time, the quality of their products is v. good. I have also been to M&S today and I wont tell you what 'naughty but nice treat' that I had!!

 
At 26/9/06 20:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you didn't have a cheese and celery sarnie and a lemon cheesecake I am not jealous at all.

 
At 26/9/06 20:17, Blogger Beccy said...

I remember shopping at Waitrose all the time but that was before Tesco and you said then that Sainburys was too expensive.
I don't know who I was reading Sam, an American living in/near Brighton who said Waitrose was more expensive because it stocks local produce and doesn't buy in bulk like the bigger stores.

 
At 27/9/06 18:58, Blogger Beccy said...

Hi grandma, I like the pictures on your new blog, love ben xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxben xx x

 
At 28/9/06 16:52, Blogger ChrisB said...

Hi Ben I am so pleased that you like the pictures on my blog. You'll have to keep looking to see what I put on next. love Grandma x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home