Saturday, October 28, 2006

It's not my birthday!



I had a nice surprise when my other half came home from work yesterday. He had bought me some of my favourite flowers which as you can see are Freesias. It wasn't my birthday or an anniversary so thank you Mike. Today we have been out chasing up people who have not returned their forms to get their names on the Register of Electors 2007. I quite enjoy the excercise running up and down garden paths and getting people to complete their forms (sometimes this is more difficult than you imagine), although I have to say most people are very cooperative. As the area we cover is quite a long way from home it's a good excuse for a pub lunch and we met up at The Plough and had a nice lasagne (home made) that tasted all the better as I didn't have to cook it. Sorry no photo I didn't have my camera. Yes- I know bloggers should always carry a camera in case they find something interesting to snap; maybe in the future I will remember.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 29/10/06 06:02, Blogger Barbara said...

I love freesias. I bought myself some Peonies this morning. Expensive but too beautiful to resist.

 
At 29/10/06 08:04, Blogger ChrisB said...

Barbara In this gloomy weather (it's foggy here today) I think flowers help brighten up the room and lift the spirit.

 
At 29/10/06 08:06, Blogger Beccy said...

They're lovely freesias Mum, I nearly bought myself some last week.

Lunch sounded good, is The Plough the place we go to? I still dream about their crab cakes!

 
At 29/10/06 08:33, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy these don't have the scent of the yellow ones.
Yes it was surprisingly quiet there was noone else eating in the dining room whilst we were there but the bar was busy.

 
At 29/10/06 19:48, Blogger Sam said...

lucky you!

i bought myself some beautful hydrangeas last week but they didnt last very long


The difference between you and me:
You think something tastes better because you don't have to cook it.
Methinks something tastes better precisely because I did cook it!

 
At 29/10/06 20:32, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam I always think it tastes better if you or Beccy cook it.

 
At 31/10/06 20:09, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy did Mollie spot her photo in the background

 

Post a Comment

<< Home