Friday, November 24, 2006

S.A.D

I find this time of the year very depressing I hate the dreary dull days of winter. Having to keep a light on for most of the day makes it feel like night. In the past I have used daylight light bulbs but I'm not sure if they helped. I could quite easily hibernate, like our tortoises. When I was working I had to motivate myself but now I can be really lazy, and I am always looking for comfort foods and in fact I was really naughty today, finding a few squares of chocolate caramel bar in my cupboard they were in my mouth before I even considered taking a photo for Sam's challenge. I think this choc had been there for months so would have soon been stale, well that's what I am telling myself. I have now taken a photo of the wrapping and I'm owning up in public so I feel that's ok.

Anyone who has read my previous posts will be aware that this year I have been very lucky as I've had several holidays since I retired. Having only just got back from Dublin I am fortunate enough to off to Spain tomorrow and I'm hoping a good dose of sunshine will help me through until the new year. Beccy will be publishing a special post, already drafted, on Sunday which I hope you will read. I will see you all in December when I will be in a real panic with only three weeks leading up to Christmas.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 24/11/06 18:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you will suffer withdrawal symptoms, I shall, I shall be able to get at the computer for a week, Hope you have fun. Love

 
At 24/11/06 19:09, Blogger Sam said...

jammy dodger. when can I retire?

 
At 24/11/06 21:11, Blogger Beccy said...

Enjoy your break Mum, I hop you get lots of sunshine.

 
At 24/11/06 21:28, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you all; we'll speak when I return Love you all mum xx
PS thank you Becs for posting my Sunday blog I hope I haven't made any errors.

 
At 26/11/06 19:31, Blogger Barbara said...

Have a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.

 
At 27/11/06 12:56, Blogger sallywrites said...

HAve a lovely holiday Chris!

I think that I suffer from SAD syndrome too. And chocolate is so easy to eat...........

Hope you did get upgraded!!!!

Sally

 
At 30/11/06 19:18, Blogger FH said...

Have a sunny holiday in Spain, ChrisB.We just came back from the beach too.Feels great:))

Have a great time.

 
At 4/12/06 10:46, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sally and Asha It was a great hol with plenty of sun during the day Temp around 20c, although locals said it was not very warm it was fine for us.

 
At 4/12/06 10:48, Blogger ChrisB said...

Barbara I will be posting on the hol throughout the coming week

 

Post a Comment

<< Home