Saturday, December 23, 2006

2 days and counting

This morning I was up collecting the daily papers at just gone 7am and out of the house by 8:15 for a visit to the hairdresser. I actually like being the first client of the day as I know there will be no delays, I was able to relax with a lovely cup of coffee and was out and on my way home soon after 9am.

I was back out of the house and down to my local supermarket by 10am. I had to buy a bottle of Vodka, as I understand this is now Beccy's favourite tipple and we didn't have any in the cupboard. The shop had opened at 6am so it was not particularly busy and I was very good just keeping to my list of mainly fresh produce and a few tubs of ice cream (some Ben and Jerry's which is a favourite with the grandchildren and green and black's. I can highly recommend their organic choc ice cream it's heavenly.

After a quick lunch I spent the afternoon cleaning and doing laundry. I took a break to watch the first part of the final of 'Come Dancing' cooked a quick snack while Mike delivered Christmas cards to the neighbours and now I am writing this before I settle down to see who wins the dancing. I love to watch ballroom and Latin American dancing. Back in the early 80's Mike, who was a good dancer, persuaded me to go for lessons with him, we enjoyed it and I still have the certificates somewhere to show we passed the basic exams. We haven't put it into practise for a very long time and I've probably forgotten all the sequences, not sure I ever really mastered the foxtrot that well. More recently Beccy has found some of my old dresses quite useful when they have 80's night dances. It's nice to know they're being recycled.

Although it's dull today the fog seems to be lifting so fingers crossed there will be no problems with flights tomorrow from Dublin. Family will be arriving at Bristol Airport around 2:30 pm. So see you tomorrow.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 24/12/06 07:45, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm looking forward to trying thr Green and Blacks icecream.

 
At 24/12/06 17:39, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said...

That Green and Black's Ice Cream sounds delicious. Merry Christmas Ms. C - and Happy New Year! Enjoy the visit with your family!

 
At 24/12/06 20:41, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with your family!
xxx

 
At 24/12/06 21:26, Blogger ChrisB said...

alice q, cookie crumb thank you and Merry Christmas to the both of you too. We have started our celebrations now the family have arrived (see today's post).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home