Saturday, December 30, 2006

Hospital Treatment

I may have very little time to devote to blogging in the next couple of weeks. My mother has been quite poorly for the past few weeks and finally one of the Doctors at her surgery decide to do a blood test. The outcome of this was the hospital rang us at about 8pm and said she needed to be admitted immediately. She had a very low haemoglobin and a high white count; this suggested anaemia and an infection. Our local hospital is less than 2 miles from where I live which is fortunate. I helped settle her in to the assessment ward and after seeing a couple of Drs and having answered the same questions at least three times, I left her just before midnight, waiting to have a chest X-ray.

This morning she was moved to a medical ward and she's had a blood transfusion and is decidedly brighter in herself, so although pale she is less yellow and not so breathless. The chest x-ray confirmed pnumonia and intravenous antibiotics are dealing with this but at the moment she has a high temperature. They still have to find the cause of the anaemia, more tests are planned for next week and she might need another blood transfusion. However it seems at long last she is getting the treatment she needs. She is in our thoughts and prayers and we hope it won't be too long before she is home again.
P.S. She did tell me the food was very good (which surprised me I must say) but this is only day 1 or maybe hospital food really has improved since I was last in hospital!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 30/12/06 23:14, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, I'm so, so sorry to hear this.
I send your mum warm, healing, loving thoughts.
You need a "cute" break, Chris. Go look at this.

 
At 31/12/06 10:06, Blogger ChrisB said...

Cookiecrumb thank you for your thoughts I know mum will be pleased when I tell her. Also I love those cute little dogs I think I will be returning to that web site quite often.

 
At 31/12/06 18:35, Blogger Beccy said...

The food was still good today Mum, she enjoyed roast pork for lunch and is looking forward to egg sandwiches and trifle for tea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home