Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Before and After

When I first started this diary back in September 2006 I had just retired and one of my early posts mentioned that I was going to redecorate my breakfast room which for the past five years had become an office when I was forced to work from home (another civil service cost saving excercise). So I thought I would show you the final transformation. You can see the empty room back in October when I was preparing it for decorating here

I had my computer desk under the window for daylight and I could keep it wide open when it was very warm. I always thought computers made for a paperless environment. I assure anyone thinking about working from home this is NOT the case.



As you can see my table was taken over with reference material and in these photos you cannot see all the filed material in stacking boxes around the room and on my dresser.





Having seen the before; this is what it looks like now in a view looking from the kitchen. It's rather a dark room that gets no sunlight so it's not the most inviting room in the house.




This is the view from the other end looking down towards the kitchen. I feel that I have erased the office image although I did keep a filing cabinet which has to remain until I find another home for it. I wonder how long it will remain uncluttered but at least for now I can sit and have a leisurely breakfast while reading the paper- this is the life I'll enjoy it while I can.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 24/1/07 21:44, Blogger Barbara said...

It all looks very neat and tidy now. I love to sit and read the morning paper in a tidy kitchen

 
At 24/1/07 21:47, Blogger Sam said...

good job - do the floorboards still creak as the elephants shoot through on their way to the kitchen?

 
At 24/1/07 22:19, Blogger ChrisB said...

barbara I aim to keep it that way

sam we did our best with the floor boards I think its more the dresser wobbling as the boards are uneven. I shall have to see when Beccy comes on Fri. its been OK with me but then I never had aproblem- must be my fairy footsteps!!

 
At 24/1/07 23:47, Blogger Beccy said...

Are you calling me an elephant?

 
At 24/1/07 23:59, Blogger FH said...

Good job!Looks very clean and airy!:))

 
At 25/1/07 00:28, Blogger sallywrites said...

Fantastic job Chris!! You should go on one of those before and after house programmes!! Or write a magazine article for a glossy housey mag, with photos!!

 
At 25/1/07 00:58, Blogger Sam said...

aha - you fell right into my trap and suggested your poor sweet daughter was an elephant.

so she told you the surprise then?

I was the one to advise the advance announcement. now you can tell us if we were right or not.

 
At 25/1/07 01:13, Blogger Devon said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I can't believe how different your room looks! What a transformation, very nice!

 
At 25/1/07 08:01, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy you know I wouldn't do that

asha I'm no longer ashamed to take anyone down there

sally I always loved those make over programmes on TV gives you lots of ideas but not always practical

sam yes I'm glad she told me thank you for ringing just now xx

devon I am still enjoying the transformation. Now which room wil I start on next....

 
At 25/1/07 10:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re which room do I start on next -HELP!!!!!

 
At 25/1/07 14:05, Blogger ChrisB said...

mb since you're volunteering..............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home