Sunday, February 04, 2007

Despondent


I know these are rubbish photos but I'm publishing them anyway. As well as being a hopeless photographer I feel pretty useless on the computer. Hubby was out for most of yesterday afternoon and evening so not having to share the computer I decided to work on my post for Monday. I had ideas on posts I intended to use but I needed to search archives and get links etc. Everything was going well, too well as I was about to find out because with the post all but finished I hit the save button and as soon as I saw the stupid little coloured button whirling around I knew it was going to crash and there was nothing I could do about it. I know you will be thinking, as my unhelpful husband said, 'surely you keep saving' noo not after every few sentences and in any case when I get involved I forget until the end. Logging on again immediately I knew I'd find an empty file and all my effort sitting at the computer instead of being out enjoying the winter sun had been wasted. So it's back to the drawing board for me later today. If there is any way to recover posts I would be pleased to know.
After this I went to admire the sunset, taken at dusk, from a back bedroom window and the view below was taken this morning from a front bedroom just as the sun was rising above the houses.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 4/2/07 16:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the lighting in the second shot. Ethereal.

 
At 4/2/07 17:05, Blogger ChrisB said...

thank you Jenny.

 
At 4/2/07 19:27, Blogger Beccy said...

I agree Mum, I've never seen that view from you house!

 
At 4/2/07 20:13, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy I took it from the small front bedroom window the sun was coming over the top of the bungalow opposite.

 
At 4/2/07 21:33, Blogger Sam said...

sorry you lost all the work - I am sure it will be even better the second time round!

 
At 4/2/07 23:08, Blogger Barbara said...

SAVE SAVE SAVE. You'll soon learn. Nice morning photo.

 
At 5/2/07 02:12, Blogger ~ej said...

i try to always save too, if the post is especially "good" i hit save immediately. sometimes it will let you get the post back. but i email my posts now, and add the photos later. little fingers tend to shut my computer off when i step away from it anyway!
lovely photos :)

 
At 5/2/07 04:29, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the photos. Blogger has been a bit persnickety lately, hasn't it?

 
At 5/2/07 09:19, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam not so sure about that !

barbara I really should have learnt my lesson by now (save save save will be my new chant). Trouble is I will remember for a while then slip back into old habbits

elena jane I hadn't thought about doing it that way. I tend to put in the photos first.

mimi apparently there have always been problems for mac users but for me its got worse recently, since blogger changed their system

 
At 6/2/07 08:04, Blogger sallywrites said...

Not rubbish photos at all. Artistic!

Sally

 
At 6/2/07 09:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

sally way too kind. I know my limitations but I'll keep trying.

 
At 6/2/07 22:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny so often says what I want to say better than I could and before I can get it out. She sorta did again, except that I was imaging the second photo would be what you would see when the wizarding community was disguising a quiddich match so the muggles wouldn't see.

Sorry, the announcement of the final Harry Potter book has piqued my imagination, and I can't let go!

 
At 7/2/07 07:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

stephanie we're big Harry Potter fans and my claim to fame is JKR was born in Yate which not far from here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home