Monday, February 19, 2007

Fun Monday 5 Precious Objects


When Karmyn over at dreaming what ifs chose precious objects for the subject of this fun Monday the first thing that came into my head was my family are the most precious and important people in my life. These are the people who share all the joys and sorrows and give you all the happiest of memories. So as I am lucky enough to be staying with Beccy this week I was able to get her to make me up this little collage of family photos from the past few years.

Posted by Picasa

I have many things that I treasure for lots of reasons, such as my granny's rocking chair, my girls milk teeth (OK odd woman I hear you say). Possibly some of the oldest treasures I have is a pair of Victorian Vases, well I say a pair but one got damaged about 20 years ago and I was heartbroken at the time. I have them sitting on glass shelves either side of the bed and for some reason one of the shelves became dislodged and the vase fell. You can imagine the shock we had, my husband has never let me forget that I was more concerned about the vase than the fact he might have been injured.


Another of my much loved treasures is this filofax given to me by my daughters back in 1987, this was at a time when they were so expensive and the girls didn't have much money so it was a huge sacrifice for them. I was thrilled and I have been using it everyday since. The photo is the one they put in it at the time.


As a girl I was always collecting things and I could make up a whole post devoted to things I have but I picked out these two again they belonged to my granny and the one is a rouge pot and the other an old Max Factor powder compact complete with some powder. I think the real fascination was the fact I was not allowed to wear make up and used to try it out when no one was about.


The last thing I will share is this letter which the girls sent me after I had been particularly cross with them they were quite young at the time and it made me feel very guilty for being such an awful mother (mind they probably deserved it).


I hope you have enjoyed this little insight into my treasures, I am looking forward to reading all the fun Monday posts.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 19/2/07 11:55, Blogger The very nice man said...

Brilliant post - especially the picture collage!!
Just great!!

 
At 19/2/07 14:40, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. I agree with the very nice man. I love the photo collage. Also, I had a filofax my sister gave me. She bought it in 1991, and I inherited it in 1998. It's lovely and worn and raggedy. But I have packed it away now (not thrown it out).

 
At 19/2/07 16:09, Blogger Sam said...

i can't believe we gave you such a gross picture to carry in your filofax.

On the other hand, the card we sent anonymously is unbearably cute!

 
At 19/2/07 16:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, you and Beccy had the same thing in mind (great minds...;) ). Your collage is FULL of LOVE-ly "things" (I'm crazy about all those smiling faces).

Your "treasures" are priceless, and the way everyone is writing the meaning behind the "thing" is making for a GREAT blogging day. Sam and Beccy must've been fun daughters to raise :). Their letter is adorable!

 
At 19/2/07 16:28, Blogger Beccy said...

Sam you look much better than me in that Picture!

 
At 19/2/07 16:55, Blogger ChrisB said...

Erik and little miss moi I really wish I had more versatile programmes on my computer as I would like to experiment more.

sam and beccy I love the photo and yes such a sweet little letter- wish I could remember your misdemeanor!!

robin they have turned out to great daughters so what else could I ask. I think when they were growing up they probably thought I was the mother from hell- particularly in the teenage years.

 
At 19/2/07 18:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have that letter framed?!?! i love it!

 
At 19/2/07 20:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so loving that note! How cute is the anonymous signature. I have a note like that from my son, too. Great post!

 
At 19/2/07 20:44, Blogger ChrisB said...

nikki I have a folder with allsorts of letters and poems etc.

melissa it's so lovely to read these little notes- I have some to santa as well i'll have to save these for next Christmas hope I remember.

 
At 19/2/07 21:26, Blogger SongBird said...

The note is too cute!! How wonderful that you saved something like that!! I enjoyed your post so much!!

 
At 19/2/07 21:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, family is the most precious - and that note says it all.

Sorry about the bad link earlier!! It's all fixed now.

 
At 20/2/07 06:55, Blogger Pamela said...

now I have to go google filofax.
I've never heard of that.

Those little make up containers are adorable.

I'm trying to figure out what was shaking the .uh.. bedroom... that made the vase fall.

 
At 20/2/07 08:28, Blogger ChrisB said...

songbird I am a bit on the sentimental side and now I keep all notes,cards and drawings from my grandchildren. I just cant bear to part with things given with love.

karmyn I always tried to let my children know I always loved them but it was the bad behaviour that made me cross.

pamela filofax as I expect you have found is a fancy diary.
The falling vase was nothing more than a faulty shelf fixing sorry nothing more exciting.

 
At 20/2/07 08:29, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn meant to say no worries about the link but thank you for fixing.

 
At 20/2/07 11:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting wonderful photographs of most if not all of my favourite people, it is making my missing you more bearable.
Pamela we live on a main road JUST north of Bristol where the traffic thunders past at "30" miles an hour. There is always vibration and we continually push the shelves back into position.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home