Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Happy IVGLDSW Day

Did you know it is:

International Very Good Looking, Darn Smart Woman's Day,
I have just got an email from a friend suggesting I send this to 'five bright women (or their mates) and make their day' it gave me a laugh and I thought now I can do better than an email so......

To the Girls (and any blokes who may be reading) !!!

Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what in the world happened. -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies. (Unknown)

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy. -Helen Hayes (at 73)-

I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows. -Janette Barber-

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. -Erma Bombeck-

Old age ain't no place for sissies. -Bette Davis-

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows. -Jennifer Unlimited-

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart. -Caryn Leschen-

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine Aird-

I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on. -Roseanne Barr-

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman. -Maryon Pearson-

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt-


And remember this motto to live by: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cheesecake (I might just substitute the cheesecake for champagne) in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" Have a wonderful day!

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 28/2/07 15:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
I have a magnet on my fridge with the last motto on it (chocolate in one hand, chardonnay in the other!)
Perfect words to live to!

 
At 28/2/07 15:51, Blogger Barbara said...

Champagne, I agree.

 
At 28/2/07 16:35, Blogger ChrisB said...

Lisa and barbara girls after my own heart.

Lisa I have been trying to upload my songs from you tube but I'm obviously doing something wrong and am waiting for beccy to ring with some instructions so hopefully that will now be tomorrows post.

 
At 28/2/07 17:44, Blogger Devon said...

What a great post. I loved it and laughed all the way through! I would have to change the last part to Dark chocolate and a hearty merlot! Cheers!!!

 
At 28/2/07 19:20, Blogger Beccy said...

Lol mum.

 
At 28/2/07 19:43, Blogger ChrisB said...

devon yes dark choc would be my preference I can enjoy a glass of merlot but I'm definitely a champers girl

beccy I'm glad you had a laugh because I bet you don't feel too much like it being poorly. Hope you feel better soon xx

 
At 1/3/07 00:31, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm exhauseted Mum I can't even spell! Had an extra long committee meeting then came home to type yp the minutes. Finished and off to bed.

Night night.

 
At 1/3/07 07:13, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. I love the last paragraph. Just make sure you don't spill the champagne! Sounds just like my mum (who I'm visiting in Oz in two weeks, and she's already asked for food and drink orders, yay!)

 
At 1/3/07 08:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

oh becs poor poor you couldn't you have left the minutes until today. I'm sure they don't expect such efficiency (but you're just like me I would probably have done the same). I spent ages last night trying to upload from u-tube but it would not accept my username and password so I shall be ringing you when the children are in school.

little miss moi your mum does sound just like me I always take orders from Sam, Beccy and grandchildren when I am preparing for their visits. Have a wonderful time in OZ and I bet there will be lots of corks popping!! PS and lots of good post to write on your return.

 
At 1/3/07 09:08, Blogger Beccy said...

I did have to do the minutes last night because there is lots to do for the fundraiser and half the committee was absent so I had to put all the instructions in the minutes and get them sent out so people can get working on their fundraising jobs asap.

 
At 1/3/07 21:41, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

i wish i had known it was IVGLDSW day! i would have celebrated! :o)

 
At 2/3/07 00:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

Hi alisonwonderland I only knew because of my friend's email but it made a fun post.

 
At 2/3/07 10:50, Blogger enidd said...

champers for enid too! what a great post... cheers!

 
At 2/3/07 11:47, Blogger ChrisB said...

thank you enid

 
At 2/3/07 16:41, Blogger AfKaP said...

What a fantastic blog entry! I think you would be a great person to have fun with - I hope our paths cross someday! I'm stealing the "Catherine" quote to start off my blog!! AND I can't wait until you start painting!! When will it happen? When?!!!!

 
At 2/3/07 19:19, Blogger ChrisB said...

Purpleworms I wish I could take the credit for researching all the quotes. I have a few other similar posts up my sleeve. I'll slip them in from time to time. The painting, ah yes I have all the gear I need and should be giving it a go but blogging seems to have taken over my life. (I'm just making lame excuses aren't I)!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home