Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sugar Loaf

It was a beautiful day here in Dublin yesterday and after Mollie and Ben had worn us out playing tennis (now why didn't I think to take photos) we went home and made a wonderful chicken soup with dumplings, promptly cancelling out all the benefits of the morning exercise. So as Ben was off the a birthday party, Dillon was at his granny's helping in the garden, Mollie, Beccy and I decided to go for a walk at Powers Court. There are some lovely views and you can see the Sugar Loaf mountain in the back ground of the photo below.





A huge new luxury 6 star hotel is being built on this estate and I tried to get a glimpse of what it might be like. It's well hidden but rumour has it top prices will be €3,000 a night for the best suites with a butler service and there will be a huge spa. I don't think I will ever to see the inside of this hotel but then I prefer somewhere with a family atmosphere!!

After our walk we called into Beccy's-in-laws to collect Dillon, as they live nearby. How would you like to look at the view everyday from your sitting room window. This photo does not actually do it justice but it is just beautiful in all seasons (imagine it with leaves on all the trees) and yes that's Sugar Loaf in the background. Beccy's in-laws are wonderfully hospitable and always make me feel very welcome so I get to enjoy this view on most of my trips to Dublin.


 
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 18/2/07 11:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are still doing well here, glad to hear that you are enjoing yourself. Love Em

 
At 18/2/07 12:39, Blogger ChrisB said...

embee hope you are having some sunshine give mum my love.

 
At 18/2/07 14:10, Blogger Sam said...

it was so hot in SF yesterday. It was a flook freak weather day. I was in a vest top all day - even in the evening. It was hotter than summer. (no fog)

 
At 18/2/07 16:58, Blogger Beccy said...

Lucky you Sam!

 
At 18/2/07 17:50, Blogger FH said...

Beautiful photos and what a great scenery out of that window Chris.Enjoy Dublin!:)

 
At 18/2/07 22:51, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha Ireland has lots of beautiful unspoilt areas.

 
At 18/2/07 23:59, Blogger enidd said...

what a lovely place beccy lives in, chris. it looks wonderful. enid wants to explore ireland more some time - she's only ever visited dublin.

 
At 19/2/07 03:15, Blogger Unknown said...

Just lovely! So nice for me to travel vicariously!

 
At 19/2/07 07:43, Blogger Pamela said...

yes... I'd like that view.
When I was growing up near Seattle. we had gorgeous view. The Olympic Mountains to the west, the Cascades to the East...

 
At 21/2/07 08:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

enid this is only just outside dublin about 20 miles from centre of dublin so you don't need to go far for good scenary.

mimi Ireland is well worth a visit but this is why I love blogging as you can share where other people live and visit through the photos etc.

pamela I think most places have their own beaty and Seatle is actually somewhere I fancy visiting I saw it on one of our TV holiday programmes..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home