Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tomato Penne Bake



I love Asha's weekly Wednesday post and after seeing this pasta recipe last week I decided to make it for dinner yesterday evening. I knew there would be plenty left over that hubby could easily re-heat as I'm off to Dublin today to visit Beccy and Co. I adapted the ingredients to suit what I had to hand and it worked perfectly. I diced (quite small), rather than grated, my veg (onions, carrot, celery, red pepper, cherry toms) which gave them a slightly crunchy texture (depends how well cooked you like your veg). I used, minced beef, cartons of tomato with basil and oregano and added my own garlic; I also used ordinary mature cheddar cheese as well as parmesan. This makes a very tasty pasta dish and I will certainly be making it again, so hope I've tempted you to give it a try. Big thank to Asha I'm looking forward to seeing what you dish up for us later today.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 14/2/07 10:11, Blogger Beccy said...

Looks very tasty Mum.

 
At 14/2/07 14:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becs it was very tasty and I am wondering if the next time she makes it will be the day before they go the Malaga to leave hubby something that he can heat up!!!
I alwasy looked starved when she is away don't I. Hope the special person has arrived after all the trials and tribulations.Love to all. EmBee

 
At 14/2/07 17:05, Blogger Beccy said...

Waiting for the text message to go and collect her Dad.

 
At 14/2/07 20:25, Blogger FH said...

Thank you Chris and I am glad you enjoyed it.I had to take my son to the dentist,so I didn't see this until now!:)

 
At 14/2/07 22:09, Blogger ChrisB said...

asha you can see mike really enjoyed it so I will be making it again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home