Thursday, February 22, 2007

whose got brownie points

Coming back home yesterday I wondered how much clearing up I would have to do but fortunately my hubby had been trying to gain a gold star for effort.......

1-there was some bread and milk in the house (unlike last time)

2-the dishwasher had been put on and I only had to empty it - ah but there was a dirty frying pan left on the hob and surface had not been wiped- OK not bad I'm not complaining

3-he had done a load of washing, got it dried and put away. I'm impressed only one load left for me to do -though I did wonder why the laundry basket was in the hall !!

4- recycling had gone on the correct day -but still a little pile of sorting left on the kitchen unit for me to do- would have been nice to see it clear but I can live with this- I was only mildly irritated that he hasn't yet grasped which plastic is recycled

5- back gate (you may remember was blown off in storms) re-hung (so far good job) but it had been too wet to finish all the filling and varnishing etc- that's ok and I won't embarrass him by telling you how many years that I have been waiting for inside doors to be finished so hope this won't turn out the same.

6- not sure if the dining room had been vacuumed found cleaner plugged in, so either done or ready for me to do - very clever (get a point either way)

7-dining room table and computer area clear of papers now that's worth 2 points (he obviously knows the topic for next Fun Monday)

8- my mother said he had looked after her very well carrying night drinks up to her bedroom and doing some shopping

Does he break even- no I think he might just about be in credit so well done Mike but I won't hold my breath that you will turn into a new age man in this lifetime. I wonder what my readers think ???

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

At 22/2/07 11:45, Blogger enidd said...

wow, you were lucky. enid has never returned from a trip to find the house in better shape than she left it. can she send the man round to your place for lessons?

 
At 22/2/07 14:47, Blogger FH said...

Hey!! At least he is coping without you and did some work too.But don't leave him too often Chris,might get used to the "lonely life" a little too much!;D

 
At 22/2/07 14:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

enid it has taken over 30 yrs to get to this point and this is only happened recently. he will admit its only in the last year he's learnt how to switch on the washing machine

asha he already enjoys it and as soon as he knows I have a trip planned he's busy planning nights out with his pals. He's not as keen to travel as I am.

 
At 22/2/07 15:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, he's done well imo! my dad still doesn't have a clue on the washing machine, and i think my mum was proud of that fact ;)
the house is still standing, your mum was looked after, nothing caught fire, semi clean...i say good for you too cos you're training him up ;)

isn't there a 50s film with doris day about training a man using a "how to train your pet" book? that used to be a joke between my mum and i (and now i joke with my dh about it).

 
At 22/2/07 15:42, Blogger Beccy said...

Wow, well done Dad I am impressed.

 
At 22/2/07 16:03, Blogger sallywrites said...

Wow! That's brilliant. Does he want to come and stay here for a couple of weeks?

 
At 22/2/07 16:24, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy and sally don't heap too much praise he might just get too smug. I look on it like he's a late starter!!

 
At 22/2/07 16:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

elena jane I started to have a look for the doris day film but there were so many to check I couldn't find that one. I was a huge Doris Day fan.

 
At 22/2/07 19:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say - Take what you can get.... a little is better than nothing!

 
At 22/2/07 22:19, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn oh I assure you I do because nothing was what I used to get so this was in praise of his efforts- and he was chuffed.

 
At 22/2/07 23:07, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I'd say he did well myself. I'd take him over the 2 in my house that complain about every little thing they have to do!

 
At 23/2/07 08:44, Blogger ChrisB said...

emma I don't want him to get too big headed in case its a 'one off' we'll see how he fares next month when I am off for another week.

 
At 23/2/07 09:48, Blogger The very nice man said...

That is a normal day for me! (struts around like a peacock chest out and head lifted in a "oh, how macho am I" sort of way)

 
At 23/2/07 10:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are, as always, a couple of points that I should make.
1] I have known for years how to switch the washing machine ON and plumb it in. What programme to put it on maybe iffy"!
2} I do in fact like travelling, but I know how much more it means to my better half after having bee tied to home working and she would not want me coming on her girly trips.
3] Somebody has to be at work to keep body and soul together so that I can pay for my Darling Wife to go on more trips
Love.

 
At 23/2/07 11:14, Blogger ChrisB said...

erik ahhh a real new age man that's what I like to hear!!

embee Ok travelling yes but only to certain places over and over. Now where do I want to go next so you can start saving!!

 
At 23/2/07 17:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, chris, it wasn't doris day, it was sandra dee, this is the imdb link for the movie, http://imdb.com/title/tt0056093/
the movie is "if a man answers", and it's from 1962 (usa)

 
At 23/2/07 17:25, Blogger ChrisB said...

elena jane thanks for the link i'll go and have a look directly

 
At 23/2/07 19:13, Blogger Sam said...

start saving HIS money?

 
At 23/2/07 20:59, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam I've told him but he's just come home and told me he thinks the garage are going to say his car is no tworht repairing so that will be a huge expense if he has to buy a new car so I may not be going anywhere- except back to work

 
At 23/2/07 22:00, Blogger Sam said...

why dont you two share a car?

 
At 23/2/07 22:57, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam would I ever get a look in, I don't think so.

 
At 24/2/07 16:34, Blogger Sam said...

well he should get a hybrid or somethig that runs on vegetable oil

 
At 24/2/07 16:35, Blogger Sam said...

and he sshould buy a small economical car just for him

 

Post a Comment

<< Home