Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hoorah for Skype


Today I had my first chat with Sam and Fred via skype video link (this is not a picture of that link, it's a picture I took when they last visited and I've been experimenting with the colour). I last saw them when we met up in the 'Big Apple' back in June 2006.
It was so exciting as Sam hadn't seen Embee or her Granny for about 18 months and all this for free, imagine how much it would cost to be on the phone for nearly an hour and not half as much fun. Sam was a little shy of me taking a photo as she had only just got up (I got one which it's not very good as she kept dodging out of view) but I noticed she was taking lots of us and we were in our grubby gardening gear. Sam I don't want any published unless I have vetted them first!!

I had no sooner signed off with Sam when the phone rang and a little voice said 'hello grandma I haven't talked to you for a long time so I thought I would ring you' and it was my youngest grandson.

We had a lovely chat he told me all about the party he had been to, he brought me up to date with the family news including the fact his mother was feeling the after effect tired after a night out and was lying on the sofa under a blanket (no blogging today)!!

I didn't do all the things I'd planned to do but I had a much more enjoyable time chatting the afternoon away.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 28/4/07 23:59, Blogger Sam said...

aww - cute

i was very late for the market but it was wrth it

 
At 29/4/07 01:43, Blogger Barbara said...

Very cute. I love seeing my friends when we Skype. They can't see me...yet..I'm thinking of adding a camera. I looked at some yesterday but the quality was terrible. Todays post at W&F has a link to my lemon curd and the rhubarb jelly is on the same page.

 
At 29/4/07 02:18, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I can't even look in a mirror. Why would I Skype?
However.
Very cute.

 
At 29/4/07 04:29, Blogger my4kids said...

I really need to get one of those!
your little grandson is so cute.
I was wondering about Beccy not blogging all day...hmmm

 
At 29/4/07 06:07, Blogger Pamela said...

indeed very cute... not just your grandma pride at all.

 
At 29/4/07 08:18, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam we must get better organised I would hate you to miss all the good produce.

barbara you can imagine for us its lovely to be able to see as well as hear them. I will be over to look at yours soon and get the recipes.

CC I'm the same really which is why I worry at the photos Sam has taken!!

my4kids my camera is built in so is less flexible than the ones you can move around. beccy tells me web cams are not too expensive.

pamela am I that obvious!! yes I am but it's great to have a good relationship with your family not everyone is so blessed.

 
At 29/4/07 09:16, Blogger Beccy said...

Next stage is to try and set up a video conference call then all of us can 'skype' together!

 
At 29/4/07 12:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

I can't imagine that would be a free service!!

 
At 29/4/07 13:53, Blogger frannie said...

so beccy gets wasted and pawns her kids off on grandma--- oh, that beccy!

:)

glad you got to talk with Sam! what a great treat!

 
At 29/4/07 15:55, Blogger ChrisB said...

frannie I wish I was close enough to really be helpful!!

 
At 29/4/07 16:55, Blogger Beccy said...

Hey, my comments gone, Frannie I said if Mum lived close she would have had the children for the night (or possibly the weekend)!

 
At 29/4/07 17:04, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy you know I would really love if that could happen. You will have to have a weekend away with joules when he finishes college to celebrate. ( well later in the year maybe when you get back from 3 weeks in France!) I will come over and look after the children.

 
At 6/1/08 19:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skype is wonderful, alas I don't to date have a webcam. I look better without it!

 
At 6/1/08 22:19, Blogger Unknown said...

My husband uses skype through work and he wants to sign me up I just need to give it a go I guess. Would my mom be able to see us on her computer even if she doesn't have a webcam herself?

 
At 7/1/08 09:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

Lisa it's great fun but you do need a webcam unless the computer has one built in~ my mac has this facility.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home