Sunday, April 15, 2007

What a mess

I cannot believe I'm going to let you have a glimpse into the shambles of our garage and cellar. I'm desperate to get it all tidied up and I'm hoping that by posting these photos I will shame myself and embee into doing something about it. When It is tidied I will post another set of photos but it won't be for some time. Today is being spent on the back yard. I have been cleaning up all the rubbish and getting rid of the green mould we seem to get every winter on our balcony, oil tank and back steps. It may not seem a big task but everything has to be bleached. I've come in to get lunch while it all dries. The real problem is that this area never gets any sun.

You wouldn't know it from this photo but there is a small printing press in this room together with cases of print. There was time when Embee did a lot of printing such as business cards and letter headings.

My washing machine is in the cellar but the sink is also used for cleaning paintbrushes etc. if only someone would actually do just that!

You could never get a car in the garage. Actually it's where I keep my freezer and Embee used to use it for keep fit but you can't even get at the weights.


What I really want is to have this area clear with shelves up all around so that we actually know exactly where everything is instead of scrabbling around searching for tools which frequently happens.

Do you keep half used tins of paint just in case something need a touch up. I'm sure half of these tins could be thrown away.

Now the wine cellar is relatively clear (I wonder why) but it does look in need of a re-stock!

Labels:

20 Comments:

At 15/4/07 15:18, Blogger Sam said...

you are a brave woman

 
At 15/4/07 15:24, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's all a matter of perception; your wine cellar looks amazing to me. Glad I don't have to organize the rest of it though; I'm very poor at that sort of thing.

 
At 15/4/07 16:55, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. Okay, it's a bit messy, but HELLO? It's your garage and cellar! They were invented to be a bit untidy :o)

 
At 15/4/07 17:01, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm...looks interesting. If I pop over and help tidy it up, will you give me wine?

 
At 15/4/07 17:04, Blogger Beccy said...

I can remember when my car used to fit in the garage!

I don't remember Dad using the weights much.

 
At 15/4/07 17:57, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam I have a full dustbin and a load waiting for to go to the tip and it still lokks the same. I thought you might comment about your bike!! it still looks the same.

anvilcloud the trouble is embee likes to keep things just in case but then can't find it and goes and buys more.

Little miss moi you are too kind to say this is like a rubbish tip.

mimi done deal!!

beccy I think it was rather short lived last time we cleared out the garage and that's several years ago now. It's worse since he emptied to content of the old car into it to be sorted.

 
At 15/4/07 19:51, Blogger Molly said...

Mmmm, for messes I think that we have you beat in the garage and the basement(cellar.) I wish you well with your tidying. When you are finished, could you head to Indiana to straighten up our stuff? I'll throw in a few bottles of wine.

 
At 15/4/07 20:43, Blogger ChrisB said...

mjd I cannot believe there's anyone out there who hoards like us but I feel a lot better to know we're not alone or maybe we are the only ones brave enough to own up !!

 
At 16/4/07 01:11, Blogger my4kids said...

We are terrible horders, seriously we don't have enough space for all the crap we have collected. We have a two car garage but can't even find the floor. Let alone put cars in it. Not that our cars would fit anyway, Kelly's truck is way to big to fit in as its to tall!

 
At 16/4/07 01:29, Blogger willowtree said...

Yep, looks like a mess to me. Don't be daunted, just do a corner at a time.

And as for the paint, by the time you need it, the original paint job will have faded and the stuff in the can no longer match, or the paint in the can will be hard. Either way, they are just taking up shelf space.

 
At 16/4/07 08:53, Blogger Barbara said...

I'm really good at throwing out stuff. I'll help for a glass of wine.

 
At 16/4/07 09:13, Blogger ChrisB said...

my4 kids you're making me feel a lot better

willowtree I'm going to be ruthless with the paints a good place to start because I want to find a can of fence protection to re paint the trellis and back fences which I know qill be ok to use.

barbara embee has panic attacks just thinking about throwing anything out but we did take a little step yeseterday.

 
At 16/4/07 13:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, i ought to shoot a couple of pics of our pantry area and the attics! chock full...stuff you MIGHT use and kid stuff i will consign at some point. oddly enough the rest of my house is clear...

lol, no lie, my WV is "crapp"

 
At 16/4/07 15:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

elena jane when you're stuck for something to post or need something quick you can let us have a peep at your attic and pantry (by the way I didn't include our attic; among other things it has most of the content of Sam's flat packed up when she moved to the states).

 
At 16/4/07 17:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris...you just succeeded in making me look like a neat freak. Thank you from the bottom of my heart :) ;).

 
At 16/4/07 23:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be happy to know that my garage looks EXACTLY like this. My shed did too until last weekend. My husband actually cleaned up a bit (organized and threw out some stuff).

 
At 17/4/07 07:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ChrisB does not show you is the about 100 cardboard boxes that SHE has kept. not flat, not one in the other but still up big and space comsuming,just because we might want to move the original contents sometime

 
At 17/4/07 08:24, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn I sigh with relief when I hear I'm not alone; mind I feel no less guilty that we've allowed ourselves to create such a mess :-)

 
At 17/4/07 08:29, Blogger ChrisB said...

embee me thinks you exaggerate and they have proved useful

 
At 26/6/07 04:31, Blogger my4kids said...

Loved the video you have a lot of books and shelves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home