Thursday, April 19, 2007

Why is it that...

Goods are not delivered to schedule let me explain:

I am waiting for the delivery of a bulky item that was ordered on 8th April and on my invoice it says it will be shipped on the 12 April and yes I had an email to confirm this so no problem so far.
I was given an estimated delivery date 19th -20th April. So what happened yesterday on the 18th April I left the house for 45 minutes at the same time as my mother went out with a friend and you've guessed it when I returned there was a yellow card to say I had missed the delivery (remember I don't swear but on this occasion s***).

So today I will be be sitting waiting patiently for the second attempt, I'll be too scared to go into the back garden as I can't hear the bell- lets hope it arrives early knowing my luck I'll sit here all day and I'll be the last delivery. No I must think positively and

of course there is an up side

I won't be able to use the vacuum far too noisy (I feel better already),

and I will be forced to spend a lot of time on the computer quietly blog hopping and scanning photos that Beccy wants while I'm waiting, waiting, waiting (but without feeling guilty hoorah)

wish me luck.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 19/4/07 08:46, Blogger Sabrina said...

ChrisB, I SWEAR that the Post here waits around to corner until I leave the house for 5 minutes to attempt delivery of all packages!!! I'll bet there's some international consipracy developing to make postal life on your island more miserable, too. I think the guy who works at the pick-up place has a crush on me and insists that his delivery men miss me at home so I have to pick things up in person. (He's about 65 years old and not my type) Is this a possibility? Hope you enjoy your day!!!

 
At 19/4/07 09:32, Blogger Beccy said...

Just think how exciting it will be when you finally get your package!!!

 
At 19/4/07 09:47, Blogger ChrisB said...

sabrina I can only cope with one of those and he usually collects my packages for me!!!

beccy not too sure about that!!

 
At 19/4/07 11:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just you watch it you or I will let you get your own parcels. Love, Goodluck, and please remember it is not my fault that it will not work!!!!!!

 
At 19/4/07 11:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. By the sounds of it, you are anxiously anticipating a Mac attack. If that's the case, then it most definitely is embee's fault if it doesn't work.

 
At 19/4/07 14:25, Blogger FH said...

Story of my life Chris!!I stay home all day and I find the yellow ting stuck in my door saying I wasn't here!!!:D

Good luck and do not leave the front yard!:)

 
At 19/4/07 15:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what luck! You can't run the vacuum and have to use the computer all day?!
I feel so bad for you, Chris! :)

 
At 19/4/07 18:19, Blogger ~ej said...

oh have fun awaiting your item! thanks goodness they make a second attempt!! :)

 
At 19/4/07 19:35, Blogger my4kids said...

I love receiving packages! It's always like Christmas for me. I'm such a kid....
I wish I was forced to not vaccum and blog all day.

 
At 19/4/07 21:26, Blogger Barbara said...

Is this the new computer arriving?

 
At 20/4/07 04:16, Blogger frannie said...

you are so cute! even when you try to swear, you can't.

I hope all goes well with the delivery tomorrow!

 
At 20/4/07 04:26, Blogger Pamela said...

Just so you'll feel in good company I won't vacuum either!!!!

 
At 20/4/07 05:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The same thing happens when I'm waiting for that REALLY important phone call....the moment I step outside. Ring.

So - what is in this package???

 
At 20/4/07 06:32, Blogger Merle said...

Hi Chris ~~ I hope that your parcel did finally arrive, and was worth the wait !! So very sad the tragedy in Virginia, and the photos etc since don't help at all. So many people affected by it all.
Hope it is OK if I reply to your hubby here.Take care, Love, Merle.

Hi Embee ~~ Thanks for your comments and welcome back. Hope you continue to enjoy the jokes etc. Best Wishes, Merle.

 
At 20/4/07 18:03, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. Didja gettit, didja gettit??

 
At 20/4/07 19:23, Blogger Barbara Norris said...

Wow, Chris, this seems to have struck a nerve! Looks like lots of us have had that annoying experience. Hope it comes around 5 pm - too late to really vacuum or the like!

 
At 21/4/07 07:43, Blogger ChrisB said...

Hi guys
thank you all for these words of encouragement. It finally arrived around 3:30pm. You will get an update shortly :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home