Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bargain Price!!!!!!!

I know you are all wanting to know what I paid for this bowl. I have tried to do some research on the maker and from the little I could find out I think this was made prior to 1911. I am currently waiting for a reply to an email I sent to the Staffordshire pottery to try and find out exactly when it was made and a bit more about the design.

So will not keep you in suspense any longer it was a massive £5!! and still I tried to haggle but I do think it is worth it at that price. It's quite large and I'm trying to decide if it will be on display or kept hidden in cupboard. Half the fun of this for me was seeing how much you thought I paid for it. I do like a bargain as the girls will tell you!! For example, I got a £1 off a nice travel towel this week as the packaging was a bit broken- well it if you don't ask you don't get- that's my motto.

So who got the 'price right' Frannie wrote "I would pay no nore than $10 for it- but I am horribly cheap. If it is really china, probably a little more". So Frannie you are a lot like me and were practically spot on. Well done and I know I wasn't going to give a prize but if you email me your address I will send you a little something from Bristol.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 15/5/07 13:29, Blogger frannie said...

wooo hooo!!! I won! I love to win! and the bowl is gorgeous. keep us posted when you get the email back.

 
At 15/5/07 13:53, Blogger FH said...

Looks like an Antique:))

 
At 15/5/07 14:35, Blogger Beccy said...

Well done Frannie.

I have to admit that I laughed when I read your $10 guess but then I was going to guess much higher, Dillon and Mollie chose my guess!

 
At 15/5/07 14:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly I get fleeced on a regular basis, as I guessed $50.00!

 
At 15/5/07 15:17, Blogger ChrisB said...

frannie don't forget to email me with your address ( my gmail address is in profile)

asha hopefully it might just be classed as an antique but it needs to be over 100 yrs old for that so I will see if I get any info from the pottery factory.

lisa I suspect if this had been in a charity shop in another area of Bristol the price would have been set higher.

beccy you should know I wouldn't have paid much!!

 
At 15/5/07 18:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was WAY off the mark. You did pay a good price.

 
At 15/5/07 19:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Chris, I hadn't seen it (because I've blogged very little lately :/), but that bowl is BEAUTIFUL! Can't believe you're a thief, though, you always sounded so nice (ha!).

Looking forward to what you find out.

 
At 15/5/07 19:09, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn although I dithered on reflection I think I got a good bargain

 
At 15/5/07 23:03, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Brilliant price, and I love the bowl.
I'm such a bad haggler, I'll go into a shop and say "You're really not charging enough."

 
At 16/5/07 05:27, Blogger my4kids said...

Good job there! I'm anxious to see what you find out from the email!

 
At 16/5/07 12:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

CC you need me with you!!

my4kids yes I hope I do actually get a response I will give them a week or so and then send a reminder. Of course there are no guarantees I will get much info.

 
At 17/5/07 14:24, Blogger AfKaP said...

I can't believe you were worried that you paid too much!! That was a steal!

 
At 17/5/07 14:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

wendy I'm a bit mean aren't I

 

Post a Comment

<< Home