Monday, May 14, 2007

Fun Monday # 17 Will you join me for coffee!!


Willowtree is our fun monday host this week he likes to be in the know and this is the quest he's sent us on:

"Again this is one of those stickybeak posts. You could also get a bit creative photographically speaking if you wanted to. So here it is, I would like to see your favourite Coffee Mug. But wait there's more, I'd also like to see your favourite glasses for a) non alcoholic drinks and b) alcoholic drinks. If you want extra credit you could also post your favourite plate. Note I said favourite, not best".

I don't have a favourite mug I have many and I use them all so here are a few and I love them all because they were given to me by my nearest and dearest (so how can I possibly choose just one)!!
Now I wonder who gave me 'bossy boots' hmmm, the grandma mug came after Dillon was born, the Freesia (my favourite flowers) mug was bought on holiday in Cornwall. The heart mug was a mother's day gift and I always start the day with a cup of boiled water in this one and there are two other 'mum' ones given to me by my daughters. The tennis mug came one Christmas, for anyone who doesn't know me well I was a keen tennis player until three years ago and I still love to follow it on TV. The 'Boss' mug was given to me by work colleagues back in the 80's (I was the manager and they would probably have liked to add a 'y')!! The little bear was from Embee one Valentine's day a few years back. I decided to stop here as the other two favourites were in the dishwasher when I took the photo. I know I've broken the rules but I reckon it's OK as it's only one photo!!
Posted by Picasa



This plate was a present from my three grandchildren in 2005 so there is no need to tell you why I absolutely love it and always find a reason to use it when I'm entertaining.
These two plates were decorated by Mollie and Dillon back in 1999 and they sit proudly on my dresser where I can see them and everyone else can admire them.
This is the wine glass I use most of the time. It was one of three bought by Embee second hand (junk or charity shop not sure he will no doubt put me right when he reads this). What I do remember (or what I was told at the time) is he paid £1 (approx $2) each and I love the shape of the glass and the pattern. Sadly we are now down to two as someone broke one recently and this time it wasn't Embee but I'm sure it was his fault!!
This is the tumbler (snowflake) I use for grabbing a quick drink I bought 6 of them just after Christmas in a sale for about 50 pence each. I've had them for years and we're now down to the last two.

So you now know my drinking habits and I'm off to visit the rest of you (32 at my last count) for coffee or maybe raise a glass depending on the time of day!!

Labels:

44 Comments:

At 14/5/07 09:24, Blogger Beccy said...

Makes me feel homesick!

 
At 14/5/07 10:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the plate again, chris! beccy has some talented children. and the bossy boots mug is fab.

 
At 14/5/07 11:56, Blogger Molly said...

You have a fun post of drinking vessels. Your wine glass is beautiful, and your grandma plates are sweet. I enjoyed your collection of coffee cups, but I like the Bossy Boss cup best.

 
At 14/5/07 12:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting thing is that we were together in a small town called Thornbury 10miles north of Bristol when we saw a series of mugs and at first we preferred another one but then I saw this Bossy Boots mug and said that is the one I will get it for you - and she seemed quite pleased didn.t you dear.
The glasses were I think new but bought from a junk type shop in Blackboy Hill and were that cheap because there were only three. I have looked and looked but not seen them again or I would add to the two. Love

 
At 14/5/07 12:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I just love those square plates (don't tell Beccy but I like yours better). I'm also pretty fond of that snowflake tumbler.

Finally, you're a woman after my own heart! I've actually got over 100 coffee mugs and I use just about all of them, but unfortunately the bulk of them are at the other house.

 
At 14/5/07 12:22, Blogger Beccy said...

I'll pretend I didn't read that WT!

 
At 14/5/07 12:45, Blogger ChrisB said...

enidd and mjd - moi 'bossy' never!!!

beccy never mind the summer will soon be here if you manage to visit then.

embee I like to humour you !!

WT you needn't worry about beccy but just be ready for her revenge!!

 
At 14/5/07 13:00, Blogger sallywrites said...

I like the bossy boots mug best!!

 
At 14/5/07 13:29, Blogger Steffi said...

What for nice memories!And every thing have a own story!really nice cups.

 
At 14/5/07 13:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bossy Boots = Awesome

 
At 14/5/07 14:02, Blogger FH said...

LOL @ Bossy boots!! What a great array of gifts for you Chris.Enjoy:)

 
At 14/5/07 14:31, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. You could make a crazy mug set (is there such a thing?) with all those fabbo mugs. And I LOVE the snowflake tumbler. Mmmmm. Gin and tonic with a squeeze of lime would be perfect in there.

 
At 14/5/07 15:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am such a sucker for homemade gifts.

 
At 14/5/07 15:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you have little stories for each mug.

 
At 14/5/07 15:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

sally, jenny, asha 'bossy boots' seems to be the one to attract attention- wonder why !

steffi and lisa it's the memories that make them special and I'm very sentimental.

nikki I have so many homemade gifts dotted about the house; topic for a future post maybe!

little miss moi I'm not really a gin person but embee would join you for that!

 
At 14/5/07 16:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drinking in memories! What a lovely collection.

 
At 14/5/07 16:45, Blogger Beckie said...

I Love the square plates - I must get look for one. Nice wine glass - I hate it when the supply of glasses dwindle due to breakage.

Have a great Monday!

 
At 14/5/07 18:05, Blogger my4kids said...

I love your homemade plates from the kids also I am so jealous my kids haven't done those yet! I like them both (yours and Beccys). Your broken cup problem sounds like mine. We have several different types of glasses but not many matches. I can blame that on my kids though, especially since the boys started doing dishes.

 
At 14/5/07 18:10, Blogger ChrisB said...

min I'm running out of space for them all !

beckie the plate is quite unusual but I'm sure you'll find one.

terri they went to a pottery place where you book a session (beccy will probably explain better than me) and had great fun doing it.

 
At 14/5/07 19:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great collection!!! I love those handmade plates!

 
At 14/5/07 20:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohh!! I went to see Beccy first, and I am in total love with your handpainted plates. Those are the best!!

 
At 14/5/07 20:20, Blogger Amy W said...

I only wish I will have cool plates like those someday...

 
At 14/5/07 20:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh I LOVE the plates! So cute!

 
At 14/5/07 20:47, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn, stephanie, amy I love it that they are unique, and such an simple idea, I do worry it will get broken, but that doesn't stop me using it.

 
At 14/5/07 20:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is two handpainted plates I've seen now and they're fantastic! Great idea to give someone. Loved all the mugs too!

 
At 14/5/07 21:12, Blogger Sam said...

yeah, blame it on the boots why don't you

 
At 14/5/07 21:14, Blogger ChrisB said...

melissa thank you.

joy the other plate would have been my daughter beccy's- both of course made by her children which is why they are similar.

 
At 14/5/07 21:19, Blogger Pamela said...

love etched wine glasses.
I almost posted ours. But I rarely use them... acid reflux / wine not a good mixer.

Oh the plates are so wonderful.
I would have them on my wall!!

 
At 14/5/07 21:20, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I love the Forever Friends one. I always get their cards because they say mum instead of mom.

 
At 14/5/07 22:18, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam very funny

pamela I have to be a bit careful with refux as long as I don't overdo it I manage and its worse with 'bubbly' which I love.

emma 'for ever friends' are quite popular here

 
At 14/5/07 23:33, Blogger theotherbear said...

Hmm, my favourite is the round plate with the flowers painted on it, although I'm not sure it's correct to admit I favour one over the other!

 
At 15/5/07 03:21, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow I love that snowflake glass. Reminds me of some glasses we had when I was little.

 
At 15/5/07 04:44, Blogger Kila said...

What a fun collection; thanks for sharing it with us. The Freesia mug really caught my eye.

 
At 15/5/07 04:48, Blogger AfKaP said...

The snowflake glass is a big it with everyone (me too!) and I love the square plate - it is very contemporary and cool!

 
At 15/5/07 06:11, Blogger Barbara said...

I do like that 2005 Christmas plate.

 
At 15/5/07 09:55, Blogger ChrisB said...

theotherbear that was decorated by Dillon when he was 6.

lisa that glass seems to be so popular I shall look at it with different eyes in future.

Wendy and barbara I just adore that plate and anything my grandchildren make for me is very very special.

 
At 15/5/07 10:01, Blogger ChrisB said...

kila I was delighted to get this particular mug as they are my favourite flowers. I even have 2 pictures of freesias especially painted for me. (I must do a post about those sometime).

 
At 15/5/07 13:30, Blogger frannie said...

I love your dishes! especially the handmade plates!

 
At 15/5/07 13:42, Blogger Katie McKenna said...

I love the variety of coffee cups yu have!

The plates are so Special!
Thank you for sharing!

 
At 15/5/07 15:19, Blogger ChrisB said...

frannie and katie everyone likes the plates which will delight my grandchildren.

 
At 15/5/07 18:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one serious mug collection. My favorite is your snowflake tumbler. My Diet Dr. Pepper would taste great in that.

 
At 15/5/07 19:10, Blogger ChrisB said...

marnie would you believe I've never ever tried Dr P but embee likes it.

 
At 15/5/07 19:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My children have made similar plates for me and it didn't occur to me to post a picture of them; they were very young when they made them, so they're rather simple (but no less special).

I LIKE your collection of all things drink-ie! The polka dot tumbler, the etched wine glass, and your wonderful mug collection. Funny how we have our favorites, isn't it?

 
At 15/5/07 19:17, Blogger ChrisB said...

robin you could always do a seperate post on your plates.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home