Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Witty Wednesday # 7 Skinny Dipping


Skinny Dipping

An elderly man in Florida had owned a large farm for years. He had a large pond in the back, fixed up nice; picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some orange and peach trees. The pond was ideal for swimming, although he rarely did that anymore.
 
One evening he decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket with which to bring back some fruit.
 
As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end.
 
One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!"
  
The old man frowned, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or to make you get out of the pond naked." Holding the bucket up he said, "I'm here to feed the alligator."
 
Moral: Old men can still think fast.

I got this from Embee now I know the way his mind works!! oops I made a boob this one was from Johng SORRY John I'm getting a bit senile-don't you dare agree!!!


A few words came my way the other day and I thought I'd pass them on ...................

A little Sisterhood goes a long way

Time passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.

BUT... its seems your sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach.

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end. Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you... or come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, mothers, grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life! The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still.

My friend asked me to pass this on to all the women who help make my life meaningful. So my friends this is for all of you.

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 23/5/07 09:21, Blogger Beccy said...

Love the joke, I see dad is just passing them on to you now!

 
At 23/5/07 09:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure that you have quite got your facts right, I did indeed send you a similar joke but you would not print it as you did not think it funny, I do not think that is one of mine unless it is a pass on. Funny though. Love

 
At 23/5/07 10:04, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy and embee I have corrected as it came from John.

 
At 23/5/07 12:12, Blogger Beccy said...

Hmmm John, I thought you were my source!

 
At 23/5/07 12:19, Blogger ChrisB said...

john if you read this you are causing disharmony in the family camp- keep the jokes coming!!!

 
At 23/5/07 14:07, Blogger enidd said...

chortle!

 
At 23/5/07 14:44, Blogger FH said...

Hahahaha!!!!

 
At 23/5/07 16:04, Blogger Unknown said...

I send you a different joke each, to stop such squabbling.

 
At 23/5/07 16:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you john, us- squabble !!

 
At 23/5/07 17:31, Blogger Beckie said...

Great joke - that dirty ole man!

The poem was good, too.

 
At 23/5/07 17:53, Blogger my4kids said...

haha to funny! Both the joke and the squabble in the comments section!

 
At 23/5/07 18:44, Blogger Portrait of Peter said...

Yes, please do use the quiz - it is fun.

I borrowed this from Lynne at the following

http://myhouseisyourhouse.blogspot.com/

She does not get many comments and would be lovely if you popped over to her wonderful site - as she too has interesting posts.

I must remember to pop over to yours much more often as well as bookmark.

 
At 23/5/07 20:10, Blogger Amy W said...

Hilarious joke!

 
At 23/5/07 21:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee hee hee!!!

 
At 23/5/07 22:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! My dad would totally do that!!

 
At 24/5/07 03:47, Blogger frannie said...

love the joke! I just read it out loud to hubby!

I will pass along the sisters words- they are beautiful!

 
At 24/5/07 06:16, Blogger Pamela said...

in that case... y'all sisters wanna go fatty dipping with me.

 
At 24/5/07 06:51, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. The skinny-dipping joke was a fine way to start the day! And a good reason to put me off skinny dipping.

 
At 24/5/07 08:47, Blogger ChrisB said...

Pamela I think me skinny dipping would send everyone away screaming.

Peter thanks I have visited Lynne before (via you) I will drop over again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home