Saturday, June 23, 2007

Meme -

Sam Chattering On tagged me for this meme

The rules are simple. There are 9 questions (3², each of which has 3 answers, to give a total of 27, or 3³. The whole point is that the questions are somewhere between eclectic, banal and downright bizarre, so that you can answer completely truthfully without actually giving much away. Just put down the first three answers that come to mind if you can’t work out the “most appropriate” three.

Objects Within One Metre Of You

1. Embee sitting at the other computer, blocking my light and trying to read me jokes from Merle's blog while I'm trying to concentrate on this!!
2. My camera just been downloading some pictures and my remote control for the computer (good job I had this to hand as I was able to get a photo for tomorrow's post from my seat).
3. Coffee mug (My secret surprise swap present)

First Names of People You Sat Next To At School

1. Judy and I lost touch when we left secondary school- she went to train as a nanny and her mother and mine were friends so I heard news for a few years. I was hoping she would come to a school reunion we had a fews years back but no one had heard anything of her. I tried Friends United but no luck.
2. Veronica was one of my friends at secondary school, she now lives in The Wirral and although I haven't seen her since the school reunion we write at Christmas and have recently started sending the odd email to catch up.
3. Avril was another friend (we were very nearly expelled but I'd better not go into detail this was one of my supporting a friend and I got into trouble for it), she helped organise the school reunion. I was her bridesmaid and we now only exchange news at Christmas. About four years ago I had to go to the area where she lived and I called at the house. Her husband entertained me until she got home for lunch. Although we only had a short time it was great to catch up.

Programmes You Won’t Watch (I need more than three for this one!!)

1. Sports programmes that show- FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL and rugby and cricket, boxing, wrestling I'm sure I could go on and on.......
2. Big Brother- I watched a few of the early ones just to see what all the fuss was about- revolting programme in my humble opinion.
3. Cartoons in general.

Favourite Trivial Pursuit Categories (it's so long since I played I couldn't remember the categories)

1. Entertainment
2. History
3. Art & Literature

Superpowers You’d Like To Have

1. Super sight - So I could see what everyone is doing, fly on the wall stuff !!!! (well maybe not everywhere!!)
2. Super healing- I could do so much good in the world and relief all the suffering.
3. Super time travel- so I could get to see my children and grandchildren more often and no more waiting at airports and getting through customs so much wasted time!!

Newspapers, Magazines or Periodicals Read Regularly

1. Woman's Weekly - My gran used to have this magazine and I've carried on with it. I used to use a lot of the knitting, sewing patterns and recipes when my girls were young. The magazine has changed over the years.
2. People's Friend- embee buys these two for me every week
3. Nursery World- I still get this sent me from when I worked so hope it continues I like to keep abreast of children's education.

Songs You Dislike (difficult one I'll go for artists)

1. Punk stuff like Sex Pistols
2. Eminem
3. Rolling Stones I'll get shot for saying I'm not a huge fan of some of their recodings.

Blog Posts of Your Own That You’d Recommend (I would always recommend Beccy's and Sam's but I will choose others- this will be very difficult because I like so many for a lot of different reasons) I think that my readers will already know these blogs:
1. A Dingo's got my barbie a little bit of everything- well written, amusing, plenty of photos and videos (he's a soft touch for taking in cats and dogs)
2. The Dust Will Wait plenty of variety and some lovely photos.
3. enidd the third person Singular enidd has just moved to San Fransisco and this will give her a lot of new material to keep us amused- always a good read. I am going to squeeze in two more blogs (little miss moi, sally writes. They are always a good read and Little Miss Moi has been off air for 10 days and I just wanted everyone to know she is back.

I am not going to tag anyone in particular but feel free to take the challenge if you get stuck for inspiration.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 23/6/07 18:37, Blogger Beccy said...

I would like you to note that I was never even close to being suspended let alone expelled!

 
At 23/6/07 19:58, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. Ahhh thanks. You know, I've spent the whole evening catching up on blog reading, I think I'm going cross eyed. In any case, my eyes hurt - 10 days is too long to catch up on!

 
At 23/6/07 20:52, Blogger my4kids said...

I agree with you on many of these!
Not a sports watcher, and can't watch big brother to much drama.
If I could have a super power the first would be to be able to fly, then I could visit anyone I like! I'd just have to get over my fear of hights and flying....

 
At 23/6/07 22:24, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy it's not as bad as it sounds and it was all my friend Avril's fault and she was the one who came off worst!!

Little miss moi I know that hurt eye feeling feeling- everytime I vow I won't stay on too long- I keep saying to myself I'll just read one more and so it goes on.

my4kids- now I do like watching tennis and I will be away when Wimbledon is on TV so I'm a bit sad about that as this is the first year I'm not working so could have watched it in the day.

 
At 23/6/07 23:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on with that Dingo fella's blog! Man that guy is fantastic!! The others aren't bad either.

 
At 24/6/07 05:33, Blogger AfKaP said...

Have to agree on the football (both kinds) and Big Brother - as for Sir Mick - ahem! The greatest Rock and roll band in the world! But other than that you gave great answers! (wink)

 
At 24/6/07 22:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT - hmm a little trumpet practise me thinks !!:)

wendy well we agree on some things!!

 
At 25/6/07 17:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enidd agrees completely about sports. booooring. she'd prefer the sort of super time travel where you can have a look into the future and the past.

thanks for the tag - she'll have a think and see if anything funny comes up.

 
At 25/6/07 17:22, Blogger ChrisB said...

enidd I wasn't tagging you (I think you were tagged by Sam who tagged me); you were one of the blogs I would recommend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home