Friday, June 15, 2007

Well I never!!!

I am rather late posting today. Although I was on line this morning booking, my annual holiday insuarance, amongst other things, I purposely didn't want to be sidetracked by blogging. So I was very strict with myself (I tell you it was difficult), only reading and answering my comments. I knew full well if started read blogs and writing then nothing else would be done. Friday afternoon is one of my swimming times and as it was raining, for a brief moment I waivered about going but I'm glad that I did. There were very few people swimming and I poddled up and down for about forty five minutes and came away feeling very refreshed. When I got home I made a cup of coffee to go with the last piece of fruit loaf that was saying 'eat me' (I'm weak - swimming makes you hungry- and yes I do feel guilty) I then sat down at the computer to write a post; as soon as I had logged in the first email to pop into my google notifier was from the author of Turtles all the way down letting me know she had linked to my entry, yesterday, about Tog laying eggs. I was fine about this but also curious so I went over to look at her site and saw a few interesting posts about tortoises. I was then intrigued how she had found the post, so I e-mailed her to find out. Apparently she subscribed to "Google news Alerts' and she gets any reptile/amphibian/chelonian news links delivered to her e-mail everyday and additionally blog items are also sent and my video from yesterday's blog entry showed up.

So wowee I've made it to Google News Alerts- fame at last even if I am the last entry!!!!!!!!

Jen sent me a copy of all the other stories so I though I would share them with you: (HOWEVER, YOU WILL SEE THAT FEW OF THESE STORIES RELATE TO MY KIND OF 'TORTOISES'. HOWEVER IF YOU SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM (that's me!) BUT ONE [Killer Tortoise] THERE IS A LOVELY LITTLE VIDEO WHICH IS WELL WORTH A PLAY AND WILL SHOW YOU JUST HOW FAST TORTOISES CAN BE - LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT !

Google News Alert for: tortoise

Galápagos survivors, up close and personal
Georgia Straight - Vancouver,British Columbia,Canada
This giant tortoise is slow enough for the author to capture his
encounter with a tripod and timer. Kevin Revolinski photo. A heron
stands just behind me on ...
See all stories on this topic (THERE IS NO LINK TO THIS ONE WHICH MIGHT HAVE BEEN INTERESTING)

Tortoise Kick Off Tour (THESE ARE NOT FOUR LEGGED TORTOISES- I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS GROUP)
Pitchforkmedia.com - Chicago,IL,USA
The humans in Tortoise kick off their previously reported North
American tour tonight (June 14) in Columbus, Ohio, and no way are they
stopping this car ...
See all stories on this topic

Developers Must Move Tortoises
Chipley Bugle - Chipley,FL,USA
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) commissioners
have approved a policy that puts an end to gopher tortoise entombment
and requires ...
See all stories on this topic

Hare and tortoise musical
Kansas City Star - MO,USA
Here's the furry cast of "The Hare and the Tortoise Musical," which
opened Tuesday and will run through July 7 at the H&R Block City Stage
at Union Station, ...
See all stories on this topic

Google Blogs Alert for: tortoise

Tortoise Begin Tour In Ohio Today
By Parker Reynolds
Last time we talked to Tortoise they pretended they didn't know who
Daniel Lanois was despite booking a future tour with him. Tortoise
kick off their another tour tonight, June 14th in Colombus, Ohio, and
are bringing a truckload of ...
Parker Reynolds's MOG Posts - http://mog.com/Parker_Reynolds

TORTOISE CAPITAL RESOURCES CORP (form 8-K) (ONLY ABOUT FINANCE BORING)
TORTOISE CAPITAL RESOURCES CORP Files SEC form 8-K, Current report filing.
EDGAR Online Current Event Filings - http://www.edgar-online.com/

Slow and steady, like a tortoise. Never give up ...
By Hito^Keat(Hito^Keat)
Slow and steady, like a tortoise. Never give up and ... why want to
rush? Chill ! Time to sleep. Good Night! =)
Pan Production - http://nick-pan.blogspot.com/

Killer tortoise!
By gemmak(gemmak)
I can't decide if this tortoise is brave or utterly stupid but either
way it appears to have the upper hand! Heh.
gemmak's BLOGS - videohere

A Tortoise Tale!
By ChrisB(ChrisB)
For those of you who read my bog regularly you will recall I have
written about my tortoises very regularly. I have also told you what a
'casanova' Tom is and how is aim in life is to have his wicked way
with the two females. ...
Ms Cellania - here

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 15/6/07 17:56, Blogger ◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your computer desk.
I'll publish on my blog!.
And if you want I can link your blog on mine!

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

 
At 15/6/07 18:10, Blogger AfKaP said...

Congratulations! You're Famous!!

 
At 15/6/07 18:49, Blogger FH said...

I completely understand about obsessing about blogging!I do give up chores sometimes to comment on blogs!I have got to be strict too:D
You are famous!!All thanks that Tortoise!Good for you Chrisb.Who would have thought,eh?
Have a great weekend,see you on Monday.Happy Father's day to Embee!:)

 
At 15/6/07 20:00, Blogger Unknown said...

SUPERSTARDOM!!!

 
At 15/6/07 21:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the Tortoise story was great - and if I wasn't taking a "blogging break" would have made it my weekly delight!!! (I may still put it on my sidebar!)

 
At 15/6/07 22:54, Blogger ChrisB said...

Guys I did this post tongue in cheek as you probably guessed!!.

 
At 15/6/07 22:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn now I feel really important to have been made one of your weekly delights, especially as you are taking a break, so thank you.

 
At 15/6/07 23:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TotallyTortoiselyTerrificTale! You're famous and I 'know' you.
Just flew by for a second to say hello. Thanks for visiting my place even though I've been out of touch.

 
At 16/6/07 05:38, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ah, there'll be no living with you now, eh? Just kidding.

 
At 16/6/07 08:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

swampy thank for the 'fly by' you broom stick is well travelled!

AC hehehe I promise I'll stay grounded!!

 
At 16/6/07 08:41, Blogger Pamela said...

clap clap clap clap clap clap
standing ovation after midnight here... for the great post.

I should have posted Karmyn's weekly delight this month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home