Thursday, July 19, 2007

Enjoying good company!

I have just returned from dropping BECCY and Ben off at the airport. You will notice that I emphasise the BECCY since it was pointed out to me by the infamous Willowtree that I've hardly mentioned my daughter these last few days and Barbara was also wondering about her. I therefore decided that I'd better rectify that immediately.
Luckily for us Ben chose to go shopping one of the day's they were here - now he does not really like shopping but he does like spending his money and he knew he could go to the Disney Shop and the bear shop if we visited the local Mall. This meant that Beccy and I were able to look at a few shops (and buy a few things in between bribes, because once Ben had completed his purchases, like the typical male shopper he was ready to go!!). However the lure of eating out and then going to see the new Harry Potter Film did give us a little leverage!! I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but I have to say I enjoyed the film and I am eagerly anticipating the next book.
This morning we took a walk to our local park and as I sat in the sun unbeknown to Beccy I took this photo so you could all see her enjoying herself on the seesaw (she's in her second childhood). Then just in case you didn't recognise her rear view I
called her to take a second shot!!

Beccy and Ben I've so enjoyed the last few days and I hope you have a safe and uneventful journey home- I'm just off to tidy up and then collapse in a chair to watch 'Home and Away' for half an hour to recover (only joking)!! Love to everyone and looking forward to seeing you again in August. xx

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At 19/7/07 17:54, Blogger FH said...

AW..!! They already left!! Time went like a flash!Ben enjoyed it to fullest we can see and Beccy too.
Well..there is always PC again:))

 
At 19/7/07 18:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely time - the zoo pictures were great. I think it's a grandmother's prerogative to forget her own children until the grandkids are in bed! ;-) I know my parents do it all the time! Glad you had fun!

 
At 19/7/07 20:23, Blogger Sam said...

Willowtree.

The reason is that the granchildren are more favourited than the actual children.

I am sure if I had children she would visit me in America at least once a year.

 
At 19/7/07 20:50, Blogger Barbara said...

Lovely photo. Home and Away is on here just before the evening news. I can tell you all about it (and I'm not joking). The big question is will Kim and Rachel breakup, will Kim end up with Kit the mother of his child, and will Rachel run into the arms of her doctor friend (can't remember his name) who can father children for her as Kim can't because he had the mumps after Kit got pregnant?

 
At 20/7/07 03:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a good day;)

i can't wait for the next book myself!!

 
At 20/7/07 03:33, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Great photos! Finally get to see recent photo of Beccy!! :-)

 
At 20/7/07 07:53, Blogger Pamela said...

truth is that the grandchildren really wear us grandmas out. I don't know how I raised children. Just don't remember it.

 
At 20/7/07 08:52, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha they wil be back for a week in Aug with Mollie and Dillon as well.

Deborah he's such a chatterbox his mum can't get a word in!!

Sam but one cannot just hop on a plane to SF like you can to Dublin!

Barbara now what about Martha does she escape the evil Cam??

Wolfby there has been a lot of contoversy here as Asda(Walmart) have won a battle to sell the book at half price as soon as it comes out. It will be nice to get the hardback for the price of paperback!

La bellina mammina it's not the best of photos.

Pamela I never admit to getting tired but I do find my energy levels are not what they were-mmm can't remember the last bit of your comment!!

 
At 20/7/07 10:44, Blogger Beccy said...

Gross photo!

 
At 20/7/07 11:32, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy the sun was so bright I couldn't see properly so just aimed the camera-anyway if not the best photo it's natural!

 
At 20/7/07 13:39, Blogger theotherbear said...

I went to see the Harry Potter movie at the IMAX. The IMAX in Sydney is the biggest screen in the world. They had remastered the last 20 minutes in 3D and it was hysterically funny. I do not think it was supposed to be. I thought it was enjoyable enough, but the weakest of the Harry Potter movies yet. I am looking forward to the book though. And yes, most large chain stores in Australia are selling it for half the RRP. I have already paid for it on a preorder, paid about $20 for the hardcover, the RRP would be over $40 I think. I have not heard any controversy about that though.

 
At 20/7/07 15:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you all had a great time, chris!

 
At 20/7/07 16:37, Blogger Unknown said...

Posy sunglasses Beccy! Glad you and Ben had a great time. Well done with the photos, Chris!

 
At 20/7/07 16:51, Blogger Beccy said...

Posey indeed John, the sun was shining!!!

 
At 20/7/07 16:57, Blogger ChrisB said...

theotherbear wow I've only seen an Imax screen once for 3D so seeing the biggest screen in the world must be amazing. I've noy bothered to order my copy as I know I will be able to pick one up in the shops.

thanks enidd

john my beccy a poser never!!

beccy I got a bit burnt in that sun!

 
At 20/7/07 21:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny, I was just on a seesaw Wednesday with Patrick (for probably the first time in about 30 years!)

 
At 20/7/07 21:36, Blogger Barbara said...

Is Cam the night club Guy? Then yes.I only get to see it in winter as we are usually sitting outside with a glass of wine in summer. It is amazing how things change so quickly over a couple of months. I still haven't figured out why Kit and Kim have a baby together.

 
At 23/7/07 14:18, Blogger ~ej said...

i love the photos!! :) so did you get the new HP book and have you finished it yet ;) i read the ending (i don't spoil it for anyone tho), but hubby is deep into it!

 
At 30/7/07 14:41, Blogger Jill said...

barely getting into your blog, i wonder, how do you feel about the harry potter books? being from middle america and a college student when the books started over here and almost 30 now that the last one is out, it's a great break from the norm and a small escape from present-day reality. needless to say, loving it, kind of sad that the series is ending!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home