Friday, August 31, 2007

Today is Blog Day 2007

Blog Day 2007
I have just discovered that today is Blog Day 2007. It was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On this day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors. I was thrilled when Barbara over at winosandfoodies said she had given both Beccy and me a mention in addition to her five recommended blogs.

I know the idea is to introduce new blogs but I haven't been reading any new blogs lately, so what I've done is pick out some bloggers that I visit from around the world. With only five to choose from this was an impossible task and so for the US I put names in a hat and drew one out.
Here goes:

Steffi over at Mausbär´s - Nähkiste lives in North Germany. She writes a duel language post to help her develop her already good English. She makes the most amazing children's clothes and gives us a glimpse into her garden and her life through her photos.

Willowtree over at at A Dingo's got my Barbie (no prizes for guessing which country) is amusing he has a little gang of pets and we get to see some videos of their antics.

Anvilcloud over at Raindrops lives in Canada he's a retired teacher and takes some beatiful photographs. He has recently become a grandfather to Smudge who is a beautiful baby.

Terri over at My4kids has just moved from Oregon to Alaska and she is not yet up and running with her internet connection but it's going to be fun reading how her family settle in a completely new environment. She writes very candidly about her family and her life. She has had several guest bloggers recently to help cover her move.

Pamela over at The Dust Will Wait lives in Washington. She is currently writing some amusing posts on recent travels. She takes some lovely photos in her garden and you should see the water feature her husband has just built, oh and she has new grandchild who is very cute.

Also worth a mention is that I have been following the journey of Gluten-Free Girl who recently married the Chef. This is always a good read.

I must also mention her in doors she's a granny from Sheffield and I think this is one of the blogs I only started reading recently since she joined in our Fun Monday posts. She's just gone on holiday so won't even know about this until she returns!

I think that most people who read my blog already read the ones I've mentioned above and I would really have liked to include my whole blogroll.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 31/8/07 18:27, Blogger Beccy said...

Good choices mum.

 
At 31/8/07 18:32, Blogger Kila said...

Happy Blog Day.

Now that I think of it, it was a year ago today that I started my blog. How appropriate :)

The ones you listed are all favorites of mine :)

 
At 31/8/07 18:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is one or two there i haven't yet found.. *sigh* your going to add to my long reading list aren't you LOL

 
At 31/8/07 18:59, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Blog Day, eh? Who knew?

 
At 31/8/07 19:08, Blogger katy said...

wow a blog day, now i think it should also be a bank holiday what!
see you thought i was off on my travels, well we are only going here and there for a few days out, got to save for our holiday in america next year.
thank you gladly for the mention of my blog i am chuffed as mint balls!

 
At 31/8/07 20:02, Blogger Steffi said...

Happy blog day,... Thank you for your nice words about my blog!You make me proud...I like to read other blogs around the world too and I hope all my blog readers can forgive my bad english!

 
At 31/8/07 20:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

her indoors I obviously mistead things!

AC I only knew when someone mentioned me and beccy on their food blog today!

 
At 31/8/07 21:11, Blogger frannie said...

what a great idea!

happy blog day!

 
At 31/8/07 23:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a couple there I don't read - so will go check them out.

I did this last year and obviously forgot this year.

 
At 31/8/07 23:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh great! Send everyone over on the day I post fart videos! Thanks a lot!

How come I never heard about Blogday?

 
At 1/9/07 06:26, Blogger Pamela said...

I didn't know about blog day either... and of course now I must go hear about WT and his farts

I'm at Karmyns...tomorrow we will drive home.

Then I'm going to come back and visit your other mentions

thanks for the link!!

 
At 1/9/07 09:58, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Happy Blog Day! Great list of blogs!

 
At 4/9/07 15:58, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Belated Blog Day! I missed out on that one, had no idea it existed until I read your post.

 
At 5/9/07 08:22, Blogger my4kids said...

Thank your for your mention there! I didn't even know about Blogday either.
My internet is now officially up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home