Friday, September 28, 2007

Casamia, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol

EmBee and I don't really eat out very often. Well when I say that, what I really mean is we do have the odd pub lunch and snack if we are shopping, but booking and going out in the evening is reserved for special occasions only. So having Sam and Fred here is quite special and we decided to try Casamia a local restaurant that Sam found on the internet. I do remember reading a review on it in the local paper and thinking I'd like to have a meal there sometime and then I promptly forgot all about it. So while Sam and Fred enjoyed a couple of days in Cornwall, I was left with instructions to book a reservation. They arrived back here around 5pm yesterday and we had to be at the restaurant by 6:45pm as that was the only booking available. Casamia is situated off the High Street in Westbury Village which is only a couple of my miles from where we live. The restaurant is cleverly concealed down a small alley and once inside you are made to feel very welcome by the proprietor. These are not good photos as they were taken in the dark but it will give you an idea.
You can just see the entrance to the restaurant in the distance.

This is very much a family business, serving classic Italian food, the proprietor told us his two sons were the chefs and most of their food comes from local sources around Bristol and the fish from Cornwall.

It was very difficult to make our choices as so much on the menu sounded really good. In the end we all chose something different. Again not all the photos turned out as good as I had hoped so I will only share a few of them.
This was my pear and walnut salad, pecorino and white truffle. It looked amazing and was delicious (the pear made it a little on the sweet side).
I chose Guinea fowl, langoustine, tortellini, pears and salsify. Beautifully presented and cooked to perfection.
EmBee was very pleased with his homemade Tagliatelle pasta with wild mushrooms.
Sam said that her roasted pork (fillet-cheek-belly) with parsnip,coffee,and caramelized almonds was the best pork she had ever tasted. Sam and I shared some roasted new potatoes and cream leeks with truffle oil.
Sam was the only one to try a pudding. She chose "Banoffee Pie' but this was with a difference as you can see from the photo. It's a caramel soup, banana ice cream and sable biscuit.

I don't have Sam on hand to remind me of the different wines we had to accompany the meal so I'll just say everything was perfect. We all agreed that this is somewhere we want to return to in the near future (please note embee if you read this!)


Archives:
September 28th 2006: Party Time

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 29/9/07 17:26, Blogger katy said...

wow that is a place worth visiting especially for a special occasion, the food looks delicious, glad you enjoyed it and hope you get to go there again one day

 
At 29/9/07 18:52, Blogger Beccy said...

Maybe at Christmas with your other daughter????

 
At 29/9/07 20:29, Blogger ChrisB said...

her in doors I'm already saving!

beccy You must tell dad!

 
At 29/9/07 23:02, Blogger Steffi said...

Yummy,yummy!I would like to eat the tortellini and Tagliatelle pasta with mushrooms!That´s sounds soooo delicious and makes me hungry!

Best greetings,Steffi

 
At 30/9/07 15:05, Blogger ChrisB said...

steffi I might try the pasta next time!

 
At 30/9/07 18:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pasta dish looks yummy.

 
At 2/10/07 00:55, Blogger ~ej said...

beautiful!! and the banoffee pie looks delish :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home