Saturday, September 15, 2007

Random Act of Kindness

Those who read my blog regularly may remember me talking about the holidays I have had with my friend, Tina. I also go swimming with Tina and yesterday when we met up she was so excited to tell me that she had just won a laptop worth £600 from a text draw run by Morrison's supermarket. I was so pleased for her and her eldest son is delighted because I think he will end up the recipient. She was going off for tea with another friend but insisted on giving me a lift home (I live quite close to the pool so can easily walk) when we arrived at my house I realised why- she had bought a lovely bunch of Gladioli for both me and her other friend. I was puzzled because it's not my birthday or anything and you know what she said- "well I won the computer and I wanted you and Marion to share my luck". Now how's that for a 'random act of kindness' that came my way this week. So Tina if you happen to read this, thank you, the blooms have come out over night and they look lovely.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 15/9/07 18:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was very sweet of her!

 
At 15/9/07 19:18, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn it was such a lovely surprise.

 
At 16/9/07 00:32, Blogger Barbara said...

Dame Edna would be so proud. That was sweet of her and lucky you.

 
At 16/9/07 08:46, Blogger katy said...

that is really lovely that she thought of her friends this way, and well done to here for winning a lap top

 
At 16/9/07 14:39, Blogger frannie said...

we all should do more of these such things!

what a nice gift!

 
At 16/9/07 16:13, Blogger ChrisB said...

frannie how right you are :)

 
At 17/9/07 01:38, Blogger ~ej said...

that was SO nice. and the blooms are so pretty. i always wondered what those flowers are, now i know :-D

 
At 17/9/07 08:43, Blogger Beccy said...

Lucky you, they are very pretty.

 
At 10/11/08 14:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home