Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Final Post card from San Francisco

 

I cannot believe that I will be leaving here later today. The week has sped by and Sam and Fred have looked after me so well. I have been wined and dined, here and there and everywhere, and I also met a bunch of very special bloggers. Last night we went to a charity reception for San Francisco Chefs. They are supporting St Jude's Children's Hospital Research. We left before the end, so can you imagine how delighted we were when Sam got a phone call later to say that she had won not one but two raffle prizes (I put my ticket in Sam's name). I'm gutted that I will not be able to go with her to sample the tasting menu at Aqua. However I'm very pleased that Sam will be able to take one of her friends. I'll just have to make sure I get to dine there on my next trip! If you are wondering why Fred won't be going, it's because he's not into fish which is the particular specialty of this restaurant.

See you all when I get back to Bristol.
Archives:
November 28th 2006: It's not my Birthday

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 28/11/07 04:09, Blogger Barbara said...

What an adventure Chris. I'm envious. You met Cookiecrumb and Jennifer.

 
At 28/11/07 04:32, Blogger SJINCO said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time! And uh, I got your package ;)

 
At 28/11/07 06:17, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. Sounds like a great trip. I'm jealous you got to eat such lovely food. Come to Ukraine for pork and cheese anytime.

 
At 28/11/07 09:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to a safe trouble free journey. Looking forward to all the posts about the trip.

 
At 28/11/07 13:08, Blogger katy said...

Safe journey home Chris. Have enjoyed the post cards and I am looking forward to hearing and seeing more

 
At 28/11/07 13:49, Blogger FH said...

A week flies! Safe journey Chris!:)

 
At 28/11/07 13:59, Blogger frannie said...

have a very safe trip home!!!

glad you had fun!

 
At 28/11/07 15:27, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

Sorry you have to go so soon, but I'm so happy you had such a nice visit (too bad about the tasting, though!)

Lisa

 
At 28/11/07 18:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you've had an awesome time. Although it's always a bit bittersweet to leave. Your pictures have been wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 28/11/07 21:58, Blogger Sabrina said...

just catching up. . .looks lovely!!!!

 
At 29/11/07 02:54, Blogger Alix said...

another great photo! Have a good trip hope - fingers crossed for an upgrade!

 
At 29/11/07 10:36, Blogger headless chicken said...

Just popping in to everyone's blogs for the first time in ages to see you've been on holiday! It looks as if you've had a fantastic time, you lucky thing!!!:)

 
At 29/11/07 13:33, Blogger Happy Working Mom said...

I hope you had a good trip back! And I'm glad your trip in the States was a good one!!!

 
At 29/11/07 13:57, Blogger Beccy said...

Sounds like a great action packed week, can't wait to talk to you.

 
At 29/11/07 14:06, Blogger Jill said...

thanks for sending stuff to happy working mom. you really made her christmas. you are SO awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home