Thursday, November 29, 2007

Homeward Bound


Yesterday after meeting Sam for a quick lunch and to see where she works, it was off to the airport for the overnight journey home. Embee was waiting for me at Heathrow and although it was sunny, the temperature was about 12c and I was missing the real warmth of the San Francisco sun that I had left behind less than 10 hours previously.
As we drove up to our house I realised the local Farmers market was being held today. Tired as I felt, I went off to stock up on some essential fruit, veg and eggs, now I feel far too tired to cook so I am sending Embee off to get a take-away and normal service in the kitchen will resume tomorrow.

I have done a little blog reading over the past week but very little commenting, I need to catch up with all the news. Hopefully I'll start telling you about my holiday tomorrow!

BIG THANK YOU TO SAM and FRED and everyone I met in San Francisco who made this holiday memorable xx

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 29/11/07 20:02, Blogger Beckie said...

Glad that you made it home safe and sound.

 
At 29/11/07 20:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Chris.

I look forward to the tales of your travel. Thanks for all the post cards.

 
At 29/11/07 20:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking in the last couple of days to see your postcards!

Thankyou so much for your kind words. Lambsie is slowly (very slowly) making progress.

With Gods help, he'll get better x

Thankyou

 
At 29/11/07 20:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pleased that you enjoyed yourself but very pleased to have you home again even too tired to cokk Luvsyer.

 
At 29/11/07 21:03, Blogger Steffi said...

Welcome home again,Chris after your beautiful travel!

 
At 29/11/07 21:09, Blogger willowtree said...

Welcome home Chris.

 
At 30/11/07 00:08, Blogger Molly said...

Welcome home...even though home is over there. I have not been reading many blogs lately. Your postcards are beautiful. You must have had a lovely time.

 
At 30/11/07 03:09, Blogger frannie said...

glad you are back home and safe

 
At 30/11/07 03:11, Blogger ChrisB said...

sammy misses her mOmmy 8.(

 
At 30/11/07 03:11, Blogger ChrisB said...

ha! you are still logged into my computer. [sam, not chrisb]

 
At 30/11/07 04:33, Blogger SJINCO said...

Glad to hear you made it home safe!

 
At 30/11/07 05:19, Blogger Kila said...

Glad you made it back home safely! I look forward to hearing about your trip.

 
At 30/11/07 06:09, Blogger katy said...

welcome home to nice cold England. so looking forward to hearing all about your trip

 
At 30/11/07 06:12, Blogger my4kids said...

Welcome home Chris! Glad you enjoyed your visit in the States.

 
At 30/11/07 09:44, Blogger Unknown said...

IT was fun following your travels via your post cards;). Welcome home! Glad you made it back safely. At least it's supposed to be somewhat decent weather today....or so I hear:).

 
At 30/11/07 13:31, Blogger Karmyn R said...

Welcome home!

I'm laughing at your "warm San Francisco sun" comment. Because every time I've visited there it was chilly.

 
At 30/11/07 18:20, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

Glad you made it home fine, and what better excuse for takeaway?!
Looking forward to some great pictures and stories.

Lisa

 
At 30/11/07 20:51, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back!!!!!

 
At 1/12/07 23:29, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you everyone for the welcome back.

karmyn it really was very warm several days into 80's I would guess.
That would count as a summer day here in UK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home