Saturday, November 17, 2007

New Office Junior!

I don't know about you but we shred a lot of paperwork as I'm a bit paranoid about letting anything with personal details go into the recycling. There is so much identity theft these days so I feel you can't be too careful. We tend to save it up and shred a bag at a time. Since I've retired I keep the shredder in the cellar and do the shredding down there as it's quite a dusty job. Embee has been promising that he would do the shredding but somehow other things got in the way. So last weekend he decided to bring the shredder up to the dining room where he could shred in comfort! I think the fact that I wanted shredded paper to bed the tortoises down spurred him on! After filling three black sacks he decided to leave the rest for another day.....Now I wasn't quite sure when that other day would come (if you get my drift) so on Monday I decided to finish it and clear up. Just as I was finishing my mother came with another bagful that she had been saving. 'Just show me what to do and I'll do it' she said. It was so funny she jumped and squealed every time the shredder started up as it startled her, she found it difficult to open out and feed the paper in, and I think we might have been there all day so no prizes for guessing who ended up doing it! Of course I had to take a photo as she likes being featured on my blog.

As I said to her you really can't get the staff to do the simplest of jobs these days!!!!

Have a good weekend :)
Archives:
November 17th 2006: Diabetic Food Blogs

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 17/11/07 11:49, Blogger katy said...

i did my shredding 2 weeks ago, i filled our 'blue' recyclying bin up! have now vowed to shred as i go lol

 
At 17/11/07 13:43, Blogger ChrisB said...

her indoors
we have different bins for each type of recycling (I can only but the shredded paper into the green bin if it is first put in a cardboard box) apparently it blows everywhere and someone would have to pick it up so if you don't have a cardboard box it goes in ordinary black bin rubbish!!

 
At 17/11/07 14:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have about a ton of shredding to do! Luckily for us our neighbors take ours to use for packing boxes at their business.

And my Punkin? Loves to shred!!!

 
At 17/11/07 14:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

blue momma now I could do with a neighbour like that and a borrow of Punkin!!

 
At 17/11/07 16:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom is so cute!

I now do the "shred as we receive". And - I bought a shredder that takes up to 10 pieces of paper, so I can just take that junk mail and not even open it up.

 
At 17/11/07 16:32, Blogger Alix said...

Lovely picture of your Mum - that is so sweet.
Luckily for me T takes are shredding to work as we only have a hand worked shredder at home.

 
At 17/11/07 17:03, Blogger Sandy said...

I am a burner and not a shredder. What a lovely picture of your mother.

 
At 17/11/07 17:30, Blogger Unknown said...

Fancy making your mum bend down, you could have put the shredder on a box! Tsshh.LOL.

 
At 17/11/07 18:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris I was about to suggest putting the shredder on a box or a chair for your mum. I do it all the time, no more backache!

 
At 17/11/07 18:57, Blogger Barbara said...

We have a shredder and we give the bags of shredded paper to the pet store.

 
At 17/11/07 20:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn I think we could do with one like yours with the amount of we have to dispose of!

grannymar Now why didn't I think of that!

john she actually only did a few sheets and I did the rest so i was the one with backache!

barbara that's a good idea; they tend to use sawdust in all the pet shops I've seen here. It is also compostable~ I think!

 
At 17/11/07 20:15, Blogger ChrisB said...

Alix I wish someone would take mine to work, but I mustn't complain as embee did most of it this time around, I only had to finish off and clear up (worst part of course!)

 
At 18/11/07 00:25, Blogger karisma said...

Would you believe, I still do not own one of these? I have been saying for ages its a must have, especially since we started home schooling. We have so much paper. Currently we rip the papers up and use them for the rats cage or simply add them to the recycling bin.

I love the picture of your mom, very cute!

 
At 18/11/07 02:42, Blogger ~ej said...

love the photo!! :-) our shredder is in the garage and the boys fight over who is allowed to put the paper in. but i get fed up waiting for them to actually do it with me, so i do it on my own! :-)
good for you recycling as well, how do the tortoises like your personal information?? ;-)

 
At 18/11/07 05:23, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That's a sweet picture. For some reason I have it in my head that we are not supposed to recycle our shredded paper, but I can't for the life of me figure out why you wouldn't. I am terrible about shredding, it's the going down to the basement to grab it that I hate.

 
At 18/11/07 09:01, Blogger Beccy said...

We could really do with a bigger shredder as ours is tiny, only suitable for reciepts.

I put all my shredded paper in the compost, it's very goor to mix the rotten fruit and veg peelings with shredded paper, egg carton boxes and wool.

 
At 18/11/07 15:32, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

Nice picture!
Good help is so hard to find, isn't it?! (My husband brings the financial/important things to work to shred, the rest I recycle.)

Lisa

 
At 19/11/07 08:34, Blogger Steffi said...

We have a little shredder too...
Very nice picture!

 
At 19/11/07 17:11, Blogger frannie said...

she looks so cute sitting there "working"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home