Friday, November 30, 2007

Twin Peaks at Sunset

Before I went to visit Sam she ordered a new digital camera for me (early Christmas pressie from Embee) and had it charged all ready for my arrival. The problem is I am still learning all the features; many of the early photos I took are very poor quality. Sam decided to try out the video function the evening we went to see the view of San Francisco at sunset from Twin Peaks. Although not the best videos, I still wanted to share them and I hope it gives you an idea of the spectacular views we saw on that particular evening (both are virtually the same panorama so you can take your pick from either video~ should you choose to watch~but it comes with a quality warning sign, the second might be better of the two).


The city was just beginning to light up, on one side the sun was setting, remember this. The opposite views over the city show the moon and the buildings gradually lighting up as dusk falls.
Sam has lived in San Francisco for six years and she told me that she has rarely seen such a clear view of Mount Diablo which is frequently shrouded in mist. I actually think it would be a lovely place to visit as I'm sure the views from the top of the mountain would be even more spectacular.



Don't know who that person is getting in the way!! View below is Angel Island.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 30/11/07 22:08, Blogger AfKaP said...

Great photos!

 
At 30/11/07 22:18, Blogger Sam said...

happy memories - that was a perfect time to visit Twin Peaks - i am glad I managed to find it before the sun completely set. We could have been driving around for ever.

 
At 30/11/07 23:45, Blogger willowtree said...

Whoa! You need to slow down a bit on the panning, I got dizzy! Great pictures.

Glad you had a good time.

 
At 30/11/07 23:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't mind me, I'm just testing something

 
At 30/11/07 23:56, Blogger Beckie said...

Was that a car alarm in the second video? Very nice!

 
At 30/11/07 23:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT I know what you mean (I did say they were poor~ in defense it was the first attempt) but I'm glad to say Sam took the videos~ I'll have another try soon and see if I can improve on it!

 
At 1/12/07 00:19, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, little miss Ansel Adams! Nice pix.
I'm glad you had such a good visit. Really glad.
(sniffle, sniffle, weep, weep)
It was so nice to meet you.

 
At 1/12/07 04:51, Blogger Barbara said...

Welcome home Chris. Excellent moon photos.

 
At 1/12/07 07:46, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. I love the photos! Glad you had a lovely trip :o)

 
At 1/12/07 16:09, Blogger Sam said...

ok - so she blames the video on me, but then takes the credit for all the photos? Well, I guess she does own the camera...

 
At 1/12/07 16:46, Blogger katy said...

wonderful, glad you had a great time.

 
At 1/12/07 18:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks so nice.

So - were you there to see the oil slick?

Dreaming What Ifs...

 
At 1/12/07 23:11, Blogger ChrisB said...

CC Ansel Adams~ I wish! he took amazing photos. I can't even work out how to use a little digital camera- but I'm happy although some of my early shots were a bit grainy as I'm sure you've noticed.

barbara I still need a lot of practise!

LMM glad to see you are about again. I met enidd and the man.

sam sorry should I have lied! You helped me such a lot with my settings but I did take a lot of them myself.

katy you will love it there I'm sure.

Karmyn we didn't actually see any evidence of the oil slick but sam said it has affected the area quite badly. I think beach access was closed in some places and fishing was affected.
I'm sorry you've got such a problem with blogger now when you want to leave a comment. I think it's going to put a lot of people off.

 
At 2/12/07 03:38, Blogger Kaytabug said...

Lovely photos! Glad you had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home