Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Police Spy

I don't suppose anyone will be blogging today but I just had to share this. As I walked to get the morning paper I was surprised to see FIVE police officers (yes I did say 5!) standing in the middle of the road. They were smiling and wished me a Merry Christmas so I asked what they were doing, I'm forever nosey, interested in what goes on being active in the Neighbourhood Watch (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). I was told they were checking for drunk driving, last night's party revelers!! OK 9am are they joking I would have thought the revelers were long gone and certainly would not be about this early to be caught with alcohol still running through their veins! Now had they been out there at 4 or 5am (when I heard plenty of cars about) they would have caught them going home drunk. Maybe there's no crime being committed today and they needed to keep the staff busy! Now don't get me wrong I'm all for catching the drunk drivers, but somehow I feel they are concentrating on the wrong people today!! Anyone will tell you, in this country if you need the police they are too busy to respond quickly and now I know why!

So my Christmas Message is enjoy yourself but don't Drink 'n' Drive and if you drive past my house this morning you might just get stopped. So you can always call in for coffee because my friend, Kim, gave me an early Christmas present yesterday of this..... which I am prepared to share with my friends. Kim said whenever she goes to Tim Hortons she thinks about our (that's Tina and me) Canadian trip back in the summer (she did consider bringing Timbits but decided they wouldn't travel~ wise decision!)

Embee has just gone to the airport to collect Beccy and the gang and I'm having a quick coffee before they get here. That's when the fun begins....oops I still need to clean the bathroom better get my skates on.

Archives:
December 24th 2006: Christmas Eve and One day to go

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 24/12/07 11:12, Blogger Dea said...

Apparently some people get so sloshed that they are still not fit to drive the next morning or indeed afternoon even. They've been cracking down on that here too! When I saw the photo I thought you'd finally called the police about the cigarette tossing guests! ;-)

Happy Christmas Chris!

 
At 24/12/07 13:35, Blogger FH said...

Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year Chris. Enjoy. I am officially off until the 1st!:))

 
At 24/12/07 15:32, Blogger Sandy said...

Funny pic!

Merry Merry Christmas to all y'all!

 
At 24/12/07 16:02, Blogger Unknown said...

Have a lovely time, and give my regards to Beccy. xx

 
At 24/12/07 16:47, Blogger katy said...

Have a great Christams, wish Beccy a Merry Christmas too, still missing her.
i called for coffee but missed you, you must have been out chatting the policemen up!

 
At 24/12/07 17:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny.

Merry Christmas! Have a great day.

 
At 24/12/07 18:30, Blogger ~ej said...

enjoy your coffee, enjoy your visit...all the best to beccy and family and you and yours :)

oh and lol @ the police....ours sit at the corner of our street (i can see them from my window here) to track the speeders. someone else gets them up the road, it's lovely!! :)

 
At 24/12/07 21:02, Blogger Molly said...

Merry Christmas Chris, to you and your lovely family.

 
At 24/12/07 23:30, Blogger SJINCO said...

Gotta love the police! And horray for them to be out and about nabbing those drunkards!

Merry Christmas from my family to yours. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

 
At 25/12/07 01:31, Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to pop in for coffee. :)

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and please tell Beccy I wish her Merry Christmas too! I hope you all enjoy your family time. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 
At 25/12/07 03:09, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

I woke up to a similiar situation on my block a few weeks ago, and it was a bust of a local residence. Maybe they weren't being honest? Not that police wouldn't be...but...

Have a VERY Merry Christmas! And I'm drinking safely, here at home!

 
At 25/12/07 07:58, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

Say hello to Beccy! Hope you all have a great Christmas...I imagine that you are already around the tree as i write this!

 
At 25/12/07 12:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only reason I'm blogging on this Christmas Day, is my 4 month old grandson is still on Eastern Standard Time and his mommy and daddy are exhausted. We're sitting here in the peaceful prelude to the hectic day, watching the tree and the fire.

Merry, Merry Christmas!!

P.S. At least the police were smiling!

 
At 25/12/07 14:06, Blogger Steffi said...

Have nice christmas days and best greetings to Beccy!Enjoy it!

 
At 26/12/07 01:28, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Tim's had the nerve to be closed on the latter part of Christmas Eve and all of Christmas Day. What is this world coming to?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home