Sunday, January 27, 2008

de Young fine arts museum


When I was in San Francisco Sam and Fred took me to visit this wonderful fine arts museum. There were so many wonderful collections, and exhibitions that include beautiful paintings, sculpture, ethnic art and craft, furniture.
When we visited The Diane and Sandy Besser Collection really caught my eye. The teapot collection was amazing, as was all the African bead work. I couldn't take any teapot photos as there was too reflection from the glass and the lights which was quite disappointing.
The top of the building gave some lovely views, the day we were there the distance was a bit hazy. Can you spot the eye sore that spoiled the view in this photo!!
This is a pretty area you see as you move between the ground and first floor.
I would definitely recommend a visit.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hint # 5

Just one this week especially for the dog owners amongst us!!

Lawns with no brown patches
Put a tablespoon of vinegar in your dogs drinking water every day and you will no longer have those brown spots in your lawn from the dog's urine. (But will the dog drink the water!!)
Archives:
2007: Shop til we dropped

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 27/1/08 16:21, Blogger Pamela said...

speaking of dog pee on the lawn, is the eye sore all those porta potties?

heheh. I guess they are better than brown spots on the lawn. snort.

 
At 27/1/08 16:41, Blogger Sandy said...

I will definitely try the vinegar in the dog water, Chris.

Thank you.

 
At 27/1/08 19:48, Blogger Joy T. said...

I can't spot the eyesore, it all looks beautiful to me! Although now that I read Pamela's comment I might go back and see if I can spot porta potties. And vinegar in dog's water?? Mushu doesn't leave brown spots but if he did I sure might be tempted to try this.

 
At 27/1/08 20:57, Blogger willowtree said...

You are so unsophisticated! Those porta potties weren't an eyesore, there were one of the outdoor exhibits.

In case you don't believe me.

"In December 2004, Duchamp's Fountain was voted the most influential artwork of the 20th century by 500 selected British artworld professionals"

 
At 27/1/08 20:58, Blogger willowtree said...

Oh by the way, my dogs love water with a touch of vinegar.

 
At 27/1/08 23:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

pamela well spotted!

sandy hope it works!

joy hope I didn't offend mushu by suggesting he leaves brown spots!!

WT. Ha..funnily enough I originally wrote that they were an exhibit then changed my mind!
And you don't even need to worry about your posse leaving brown spot!!

 
At 28/1/08 01:16, Blogger my4kids said...

I didn't even see the porta potties until I read Pamela's comment!

I will keep that vinager idea in mind.

 
At 28/1/08 04:57, Blogger Unknown said...

Great views! I would htin kthe doggie water would taste nasty. I wouldn't want to drink it.

 
At 28/1/08 05:00, Blogger Unknown said...

Here I thought the eyesore was the flasher on the bench - made ya look. :)

 
At 28/1/08 06:10, Blogger Barbara said...

Great to have a local to show you the best places when on holdiay.

 
At 28/1/08 09:12, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm going back to look for those porta potties!

 
At 29/1/08 07:37, Blogger Steffi said...

Great places which you visited!I like your pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home