Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mount Usher Gardens cont.......

You may remember seeing a couple of the photos I took when I visited Mount Usher Gardens. It was such a beautiful place, that I couldn't resist showing a few lot more of the, many, photos I took during that visit:
I really love this view and I was very pleased with the shot. I have played around with the lighting on all of these just to get some practise.
There are lots of little bridges over the river.........
and many different trees to admire!
Now, look at this little chap who was helping the gardeners. When we first arrived he was very intent on his task . Anyone like to hazard a guess as to what was keeping him so occupied!
Eventually he did come over and make friends and I expect by now you will have gathered I do love dogs.He was so sweet and he reminded me of my dog 'Titch' that I had when I was about 5 years old!
Beccy and Dillon underneath the arch!
Beccy with her mother-in-law.
Dillon is taking his own artistic photos of the pet cemetery. This is such a lovely little area and clearly from the dates on the stones it is still very much in use.
All the paths wind in and out. There were lots of crocus and daffodils (I'll be posting some more photos of those later in the week~ probably on my other blog).
A couple of other views of the river.
I hope you enjoyed seeing these and if you are ever in that neck of the woods it's worth a visit!!

P.S. Later this morning my mother has to go back to the hospital for the first check up. She is just beginning to move around more freely and her leg is less painful, so hopefully all will be well when they remove the dressing.

Archives:
2007: Mothering Sunday

Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

At 18/3/08 08:14, Blogger willowtree said...

Very nice photos. Best wishes for your mum.

 
At 18/3/08 12:17, Blogger FH said...

So good to hear about your mum feeling little better. Good for her, God bless!
Love the pics, specially Dillon and Beccy. Mollie looks like her grandmother!! Beccy's MIL is so cute!!
I am off to the beach on Friday for a week Chris and I will see you again in May. Take care and enjoy the Spring flowers. Hugs to you!:))

 
At 18/3/08 13:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures and I'm glad to hear your mom is healing quickly! Give her my best wishes.

 
At 18/3/08 14:08, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That's a nice cyber tour for a guy who has seen nothing but white for almost four months.

 
At 18/3/08 15:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pictures. Glad your mum's feeling a bit better.

 
At 18/3/08 15:24, Blogger Beckie said...

The gardens look lovely!

That dog looks a lot like my Lily. Was it digging for worms?

I find the pet cemetery intriguing for some reason. I guess I am creepy like that sometimes.

 
At 18/3/08 15:36, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Love the pics! Gorgeous place. I really like that first one! So, was the dog after a mole or something?

Hope all goes well with your mother!

 
At 18/3/08 15:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I bet it is even more gorgeous in the late spring.

I think that dog was probably digging up catpoop. That's what my dogs do in the garden anyway.

 
At 18/3/08 16:10, Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful place! Hugs for your Mum! xx

 
At 18/3/08 16:29, Blogger Attie said...

Great for Your Mom!!
And what beautiful photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The green!!!

 
At 18/3/08 19:32, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the check up goes great! I love your photos, it looks like a great place! Was the dog playing with a mouse?

 
At 18/3/08 20:24, Blogger katy said...

Beautiful photos, thought it was a rabbit at first! hope your mum is getting about a bit better now

 
At 19/3/08 03:47, Blogger frannie said...

beautiful photos!!!

 
At 19/3/08 03:51, Blogger Betty said...

Those photos are beautiful. You must have a really good camera to take thos crisp, sharp pictures.

Thanks for sharing those.

 
At 19/3/08 12:51, Blogger Steffi said...

That´s very beautiful pictures and nice places where you was!Nice pics with Beccy and Dillon!

Our best wishes to your mum,Chris!

 
At 19/3/08 13:18, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

Wonderful pictures, I hope your Mum is doing well.

Lisa

 
At 19/3/08 13:43, Blogger Jennie said...

Lovely photos!
Hope your Mum carries on getting better and better.

 
At 20/3/08 00:22, Blogger Sandy said...

Glad your mom is doing better! The pics? just breathtaking.

 
At 20/3/08 07:51, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn you were pretty close he was eating manure which is animal dung!!

 
At 20/3/08 14:45, Blogger AfKaP said...

Chris, As always your photos are lovely!! I adore Dillon's pet cemetery too (They are such interesting places and I always vist them when I discover there is one in the area Iam visiting.) I've been waiting for pictures of your daffodils this year. They should be blooming soon, right?

 
At 20/3/08 14:54, Blogger ChrisB said...

Wendy I posted one picture of our daffodils on March 1st(St David's Day)for some reason we did not have as many come up this year!

 
At 22/3/08 07:03, Blogger bichonpawz said...

Terrific pictures! What a beautiful place! Hope your mum is feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home