Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Witty Wednesday # 47



Never underestimate the power of makeup
(apologies to my American friends but you can blame Embee for these pictures!)




<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
So how about this one from my friend Carol:

Kidnap

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam going into Central London. Nothing is moving north or south. Suddenly a man knocks on his window.

The driver rolls down his window and asks, 'What happened, what's the hold up?'

The man replies 'Terrorists have kidnapped Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Alistair Darling. They are asking for a £10 million ransom. Otherwise they are going to douse them with petrol and set them on fire. We are going from car to car, taking up a collection.'

The driver asks, 'On average, how much is everyone giving?'

The man replies 'About a gallon.'

[For those who may not know the names (English past and present Prime Ministers and Chancellor) we are having a tough time here in the UK with prices on essentials rising above the rate of inflation and tax changes have made pensioners like myself worse off].

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>


Do you think Embee is trying to tell me something sending this!!!!
Do you eat chocolate






Have a good day and don't eat too much chocolate!!!

Archives:
2007: Fun Mon 15 Every picture tells a story

Labels:

23 Comments:

At 30/4/08 09:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez! Must put my bikini back in the wardrobe! lol

 
At 30/4/08 11:35, Blogger Beccy said...

Yuk, (to the last picture), the chocolate looked pretty good though!

 
At 30/4/08 12:36, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

No apologies necessary, I very much agree!
(I may have to stop eating chocolate after that picture, though.)

Lisa

 
At 30/4/08 13:05, Blogger Peter said...

I was enjoying this post until that last pic came up!!!!!!!!
BTW whats this about the terrible twins.... we barely answer to "Heckle & Jeckle"

 
At 30/4/08 13:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for starting my day with a guffaw!

 
At 30/4/08 16:03, Blogger Unknown said...

Luckily,I don't like chocolate, or the last picture!

 
At 30/4/08 16:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Putting the chocolate down as we speak. And putting my bikini back into storage.

 
At 30/4/08 17:36, Blogger headless chicken said...

First joke, "Lol!"
Second joke, "Snigger"
Third joke, "Mmmmmm,mmmm,mmmm,mmmmm,Aaaaaaaargh!"

 
At 30/4/08 17:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my. Oh, dear.

That's like shock therapy! "Walk away from the chocolate and no one gets hurt!"

I might not look like that, but some days I sure FEEL like it! Maybe that's something I can be thankful for!

:)

(headed to the doctor now to see if he can repair my damaged retinas!)

 
At 30/4/08 19:19, Blogger kitten said...

You are so funny! I'm going to go post a video for you about chocolate. LOL! Your WW made me think of it. My son found this and said it was me. LOL!!!

 
At 30/4/08 20:03, Blogger Julie said...

Love it - funny!

 
At 30/4/08 21:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe My word! Look at those lovely beach belles! (not balls!) ;o)
love it!

 
At 30/4/08 22:46, Blogger ChrisB said...

Lisa this photo is a salutary reminder of why I too must give up choc!

 
At 30/4/08 23:23, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Thinking Im glad that Ive lost me sense of taste, so chocolate is out LOL

X

 
At 30/4/08 23:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the 'Power of Makeup' photos. ROFLMAO.

 
At 1/5/08 03:15, Blogger Cynthia said...

Sheesh! A little warning next time, please!! :0)

 
At 1/5/08 04:46, Blogger Alison said...

those are great Chris..no apologies needed for the first one....I think most of us would agree with that comparison!!

 
At 1/5/08 05:16, Blogger karisma said...

I beg to differ on the chocolate one! A new study being carried out in England declares that chocolate is actually good for you. They are even feeding it to diabetics.

 
At 1/5/08 05:39, Blogger bichonpawz said...

Thanks Chris! I happen to be eating chocolate when I was reading that. I am NO LONGER eating it!!

 
At 1/5/08 06:35, Blogger Steffi said...

Funny picture and especially the last picture ...
Have a nice day!

 
At 1/5/08 16:42, Blogger Jill said...

nice horses' arse! ha!

 
At 1/5/08 17:25, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I love chocolate but that make up. Wow! I'll look like a supermodel if I start wearing it? Or at least not a horses butt. :)

 
At 2/5/08 03:27, Blogger Patience-please said...

I'm American. Don't insult the horse!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home