Sunday, May 25, 2008

Facts from last week's news coverage pureed for your enjoyment!

Embee reads a lot of useless interesting information on Cefax.... here are a few snippets I picked up (actually I did read some it in the daily papers last week):

10 Things we didn't know before or maybe you did!!!!!.......


  • brain chemical 'OXYTOCIN' makes us trust strangers with money even if they have betrayed us already (I clearly don't have much in my brain because I don't think I would be that gullible!)
  • you can (lesson)lessen (spelling corrected as pointed out by no 1 daughter!) jet-lag by not eating (not difficult given the standard of cuisine on most airlines!)
  • 27% of people have opened a bottle with their teeth (I'm not one of them!!)
  • the $100 laptop now costs $75 (oh well~ someone needs to change the advert!)
  • a larger proportion of rural homes than urban dwellings have broadband (so!)
  • the word 'NICE' originally meant foolish or silly (I don't know about you but I was taught to think of an alternative adjective, even so I still use it sometimes!)
  • skunks can be de-scented to make better pets (I don't think I would fancy a skunk as a pet-would you?)
  • women drivers are three times more likely to suffer whiplash if their car is hit from behind (so watch out ladies!)
  • Britain has 5th largest Jewish population in the world (I believe a lot of Jews settled here during the war and a lot of people are still coming here~ I won't get into a debate on immigration!)
  • Archbishop of Canterbury Rowen Williams is deaf in one ear (I really needed to know this!)


Archives:
2007: Let's celebrate 'Friendship Friday'

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 25/5/08 13:21, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's bad to be deaf in one ear if you can't hear out the other. :)

 
At 25/5/08 13:48, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC LOl!!

 
At 25/5/08 17:19, Blogger Attie said...

Well isn't that food for the brain!! I have to tell you in my younger days i was quite the animal lover..I caught some darling baby skunks once...They were so cute and adorable and it was before they could spray!! i loved them!!...my mom did not and one day they were gone!!! :(

 
At 25/5/08 19:24, Blogger Unknown said...

I am truly enlightened bow!

 
At 25/5/08 19:43, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I am one of the 27%. Darn, darn. I now have a root canal and a crown (not the tiara kind, either).

 
At 26/5/08 00:15, Blogger karisma said...

Hmmmm! I think skunks are pretty cute, so maybe I would have one! I never thought I would warm to a pet rat but I did!

 
At 26/5/08 00:52, Blogger willowtree said...

That's the ear Williams uses when listening to the gay debate.

 
At 26/5/08 01:46, Blogger Sam said...

I am one of the 27% too. But it's to be expected - anything CC does, I seem to have done too.

 
At 26/5/08 03:09, Blogger Pamela said...

My aunt and uncle had a skunk. Even tho it couldn't spray, it still emitted the odor of a skunk, somehow!

 
At 26/5/08 03:51, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

There's a book called Good Companions in which a woman raises a skunk. Also, Gladys Taber often described the beauty of skunks and liked to put out food at the bird feeder for them. For me, I've rarely seen skunks and know very little about them. When I do see one, I'm so concerned that the dog will get sprayed that I don't have time to appreciate the skunk's looks.

 
At 26/5/08 03:54, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

I think we just prayed for the wellbeing of Archbishop Rowan Williams in that section of the service in which you pray for various Episcopalian parishes and people around the world in the Anglican Communion.

This is probably an unnecessary comment for me to post. It just popped into my head!

 
At 26/5/08 04:30, Blogger kitten said...

Ladies can get whiplash from getting hitting hit in the front tire also. I did! LOL!
Nope! Don't to much care to have a skunk as a pet!

 
At 26/5/08 04:42, Blogger Grand Life said...

I love informative posts like this one. I save up and usually do one a month on fun stuff from the NYTimes. I'll be doing a post this June on "our skunk situation last summer". That's one you don't want to miss. Single worst homeowner experience in my life. But then we haven't had a flood or fire yet. And I did get new carpet in two rooms and wallpaper in the bathroom. So there is a bright side to everything. Have a great week.
Judy

 
At 26/5/08 07:41, Blogger bichonpawz said...

I think I need to meet Embee! You two are such fun!!

 
At 26/5/08 08:38, Blogger Steffi said...

Very interesting ´post,Chris!Have a nice week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home