Friday, May 30, 2008

Meme music

Barbara tagged me for this music meme.
The challenge is:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.

When I first read the challenge I thought that I had done this meme before but when I checked back it was a slightly different meme where you had to name 'three songs for ever'. Back then I chose Abba, Glen Miller and Eva Cassidy and I still go back to these old favourites time after time.

So this challenge is actually more difficult than I thought it would be because I listen to whatever is playing on the radio and I set a party mix programme on my itunes and the computer selects and plays from different musical genres.

One song that has been getting a lot of air time recently is Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis she is one of the UK's hot new stars after winning the X factor. All the video links are disabled but she is easy to find on You Tube.

Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cameron Mackintosh have been running a TV competition to find a new Nancy and three Olivers for a new West end production of 'Oliver' due to open in December.
So I've been watching the show each week to see which girls the public is voting for. Last week Rachel was out at the semi-final stage but she performed a very good Sally Bowles in Cabaret.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Paul Pots was the winner of last years TV contest 'Britains got talent' and he has an amazing voice. This was his performance of Nessun Dorma that helped him get to the 2007 final.

The same contest is running again this year and I'm going to share some of the unknown talent competing to get to the final...
Escala~ very talented in my opinion..


This is Charlie Green who is 10 years old.

There are two other contestants I would like to have shown you, but I could not find videos. One a 12 year old girl with the most amazingly mature voice and a Scots lad (can't remember their names); both have got potential star quality, especially the girl. If you didn't know her age, you would think she was an adult just by the sound of her voice, which is very mature. She just might win the competition but we shall have to wait and see!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Neil Diamond has been in the UK recently promoting this song...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
For my last song I opened itunes and Norah Jones "Long way home' was playing. So I found a video of her singing it.


So there you have some of the music I have been listening to during the past week.
I have decided that I will not tag anyone but if there seven of you out there who fancy doing this meme...please consider yourself tagged!


Archives:
2007: Witty Wednesday 8 The dentist and Frank

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 30/5/08 11:27, Blogger willowtree said...

Very eclectic indeed.

 
At 30/5/08 11:34, Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks for playing Chris. Charlie Green is great. A little Michael Buble.

 
At 30/5/08 12:20, Blogger FH said...

HI Chris, good Friday to you. The first video isn't working but I think I have seen her singing on American Idol recently. Simon Cowell is promoting her US, she is a very good singer, natural talent!:)

 
At 30/5/08 12:26, Blogger karisma said...

I dont have time to listen at the moment but am familiar with some. My girls are constantly showing me some of the youtubes of the kids coming through and they are totally amazing! Its not unusual around here to here some totally unknown talent blasting through the stereo system!

 
At 30/5/08 15:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good list. Lately I've been digging Duffy. She's got a great 60's Motown feel to her.

 
At 30/5/08 23:03, Blogger Betty said...

Enjoyed your meme, Chris. I think I'll pass on this one as I think you are right in that it would be a hard one to do.

 
At 31/5/08 02:16, Blogger Joy T. said...

All great music and quite a variety. I have Paul Pott's CD. It's hard to believe how far he's come since that show.

 
At 31/5/08 11:09, Blogger Steffi said...

Great list of music. I like Neil Diamond too!Nice memories!
Have a nice weekend,Chris!Greetings to Beccy!

 
At 1/6/08 00:51, Blogger Sandy said...

A lovely collection of music. I will have to check out some of the newer guys.

 
At 4/6/08 19:02, Blogger ~ej said...

nice songs....my friend has the paul pots cd and is going to lend it to me.
and a meme i can do....will post on my music blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home