Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun Monday # 72 My wardrobe re-visited!



I know I am on holiday but decided that I would get this done in advance so that I could join in~I must be mad!
Hulagirlatheart is our hostess in charge this week's assignment. She says:

'I can’t wait because I used to be a journalist you know, and I love prying information out of people...and I’m really nosey….ridiculously nosey. After much thought and consideration I’ve come up with the following topic….clothing…specifically clothing you can’t get rid of. We all have at least one or two items of clothing that we can’t part with, even if we can’t or don’t wear them. I want to know about yours. Show us if you have pictures or describe it in detail. Model it for us if you dare. Nothing naughty please-we don’t want to see your backside (or your front side) in that thong you foolishly bought in Cancun on vacation. Is it your old FFA jacket from high school (which my husband has)? A Grateful Dead concert t-shirt from 1978? A shirt from an old lover or that size *&! pair of jeans you hope you get into again one day? Or maybe the really large pair of jeans you wore before you lost 100 pounds or your grandma’s vintage wedding dress. Dig around in your closets and find something you want to share with us'.

Now when I read this, it reminded me of the very first time I hosted Fun Monday #11 back in April 2007. I, too, am a nosey so-and-so, and back then I also wanted to see what vintage clothes could be found in everyone's wardrobe! So if you didn't see my post first time around have a look now.


I'm sorry I won't be around to visit you all, just think of me enjoying all the sun, fresh sardines and some good wine!
If someone can let me know who is hosting on July 7th that will be great~ thank you


Archives:
2007: Meme-objects a meter away!

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At 23/6/08 01:38, Blogger willowtree said...

Very strange, the link doesn't work (it says the page doesn't exist), yet I found the post through the archives, and there's nothing wrong with the link. Notch another one up to blogger!

 
At 23/6/08 02:42, Blogger Molly said...

Yes, I remember your Fun Monday, and I cheated and used the same pictures for this post.

Have a wonderful time with your family on your holiday.

 
At 23/6/08 04:27, Blogger Faye said...

Could link to older post either. Ah well, more importantly hope you're having a wonderful holiday in Portugal and will tell us all about it when you get back.

 
At 23/6/08 08:33, Blogger Steffi said...

Yes, I remember your Fun Monday.
Have nice holidays with your family and enjoy the time!

 
At 23/6/08 12:21, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Well, the page link didn't work, but in the url line I noticed a lot of stuff added behind the .html so I took it off and found the page....

Love the christening outfit! And the cape? Whoa!!!

Mine is shared, but a bit odd I guess being that it's sports related.

 
At 23/6/08 12:32, Blogger FH said...

Have a wonderful time there with the family, don't apologize girl! We all need a good break now and then, blogging is always there waiting for us to come back!:))

 
At 23/6/08 14:24, Blogger daddy d said...

Vintage is a wonderful word.It has the meaning of lasting value.

 
At 23/6/08 16:02, Blogger Jan said...

Looked at your old post, what fun. Hope you're having a wonderful trip.

 
At 23/6/08 19:02, Blogger Jo Beaufoix said...

I did what Annie said and it worked. The cape is cool and the T-shirt with you and your grandson is adorable. The old nurses outfit looked lovely but it must have been so uncomfy to work in.

 
At 23/6/08 20:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a sardine for me...and an olive... and a wine...or two...or more. :o)

 
At 23/6/08 23:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remembered doing a Fun Monday post similar to this one, but couldn't remember when or who hosted...now I know. And, I do remember your vintage clothing.
Have fun eating sardines and drinking wine...what kind of wine goes with sardines?

 
At 24/6/08 02:04, Blogger storyteller said...

The link worked fine for me. What fun to see your previous post with your interesting collection ‘vintage’ clothes. Smart move on your part since you’re traveling! Hope you’re having a wonderful time.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 24/6/08 05:50, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you are having a most excellent time!

 
At 24/6/08 11:21, Blogger ChrisB said...

I've snuck onto Sam's laptop. The link in this post is now fixed.

 
At 24/6/08 20:54, Blogger Robocop said...

Long time no see! Sorry I have not been around.

 
At 25/6/08 02:10, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

Hey Miss Chris,

Don't get too mad, but I tagged you for a meme over on my blog. It's simple and thought I'd pick on someone I haven't picked on yet :) Only do it if you feel like it...no obligations here, and I won't be hurt at all if you don't do it!

Have a great week!!

 
At 26/6/08 10:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it!! and that nighty is precious as are the baby clothes!!

 
At 26/6/08 13:34, Blogger karisma said...

What are you doing woman??? I want to see you sunning it in a bikini! Not playing fun Monday! Holiday girl, Holiday!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home