Sunday, June 01, 2008

Is this a Hummer!!!!!!!

What do you do when you don't have anything to write about.... think back over the past week.......

We live on the corner of a quiet little cul-de-sac. Nothing much ever happens and quite a few elderly people live there. So you can imagine my surprise when one day last week my mother told me that at 6am she had seen police cars and vans at one of the houses and that she had watched them bring out, what looked like a box of papers. Why didn't she wake me up to take photos (I sleep at the front of the house and didn't hear a thing), any other time she calls me for flimsiest of reasons!!!

What is even more frustrating is that we haven't been able to find out yet what it was all about! My neighbour apparently went down to ask the police but he couldn't get anything out of them. He said the door had been damaged breaking in and the police had asked him who lived there. It is actually the home of an elderly gent and his disabled wife~ I do hate mysteries because I'm nosey interested in what happens on my doorstep!

Then on Friday evening this arrived and parked just opposite our house Embee happened to be out in the back yard and he asked one of the fire fighters what was happening and they were apparently fixing an alarm. I am totally amazed that fire services are used this way! Does this sort of thing happen where you live?

Then yesterday around teatime we noticed this drive into the road and Embee thinks it's a stretch Hummer. Is he right??
You are probably thinking 'how sad' she has nothing better to do but if you happen to be sitting in my dinning room overlooking the road it's difficult not to see what goes on remember this I spy picture on one of the Fun Monday posts!!!

Oh and an update from yesterday, we spied our neighbour out painting the wall and embee hasn't even finished the repair work yet, so now he has to wait for it to dry before he can carry on!


Archives:
2007: Flapjack Surprise!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 1/6/08 13:03, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, dems some interesting vehicles, but I cna't answer your question.

 
At 1/6/08 14:40, Blogger willowtree said...

It sure looks like a Hummer, why don't you call the number and ask them?

 
At 1/6/08 14:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT now that would be the intelligent thing to do~ why didn't I think of that!~don't answer that!!

 
At 1/6/08 15:58, Blogger Unknown said...

It's a Hummer for sure. I suggest a hen/stag party or a famous person who's lost!

 
At 1/6/08 19:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I would be happy reversing that last one ;)

 
At 1/6/08 21:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooooooooooooh Mystery and intrigue! I like that. No doubt our neighbours curtains would have been twitching when the police came to our house last night.... I'll have to try and come up with an inventive and interesting story!
Great pics. My boy (who knows everything...he is a teenager!) says it is a Hummer!

 
At 1/6/08 22:45, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

That is definately a Hummer, I've seen too many of them around here not to recognize it.
Most of them are driven by selfish, egotistical people who just want to show off the fact that they can waste the gas money!

Lisa

 
At 1/6/08 22:46, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

That is definately a Hummer, I've seen too many of them around here not to recognize it.
Most of them are driven by selfish, egotistical people who just want to show off the fact that they can waste the gas money!

Lisa

 
At 1/6/08 23:59, Blogger ChrisB said...

LOL john you don't get famous people living where around here!!

grannymar I find I might find it hard going forward in this one never mind reverse!

daffy I've learned from my grandson that teenagers know everything!

lisa luckily we don't see them often. In fact this is the first time I've seen one for real, which is why it became blogworthy!

 
At 2/6/08 00:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it's a hummer, they're quite popular in DC!
I'm intrigued you must let us know if you find out.

Alix

 
At 2/6/08 03:49, Blogger karisma said...

Chris the Stalker? Oh Chris you always make me smile, thank you! Im feeling a little down today so was in need of a bit of a giggle. I love the previous post too! I must be the only person who does not know how to add text to their pictures!

 
At 2/6/08 08:40, Blogger A Spot of T said...

Well if you're nosey then I'm nosey because now "I" want to know what it was all about?? :o) And yes, it is definitely a Hummer, although never in a million years would I have thought to just "call the number and ask them?" LOL

 
At 4/6/08 12:12, Blogger Steffi said...

Wow...yes that´s a HUmmer!

 
At 4/6/08 18:57, Blogger ~ej said...

you already know it's a stretch hummer. the kids around here hire them for prom (tho the ones across the lane hired a regular stretch limo this year).....others use them for weddings and such.
now i'm intrigued at your mystery as well.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home