Sunday, June 08, 2008

Meme~ all about me !

Tiggerlambgirl tagged me for this meme.......


The Rules:

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning of the post.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves in their post.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Questions:

1. What was I doing ten years ago?

Oh my gosh, don't you know I'm getting old and hardly remember what happened 10 minutes ago let alone 10 years!! Damn why did I shred all my old diaries last month~ I might have found a clue!! Let me think in 1998, of course I was still working and had no idea that three years from then my working life would change! I'm sure I would have spent time in Ireland and Sam had not moved to the States so we would have also gone to London. I know that we were looking forward to a holiday in Cornwall with Beccy, Joules and grandchildren (only had two back then). My niece also got married in the October of that year. I've probably missed something significant!

2. What are five things on my list to do today?

a) laundry I always have laundry on a Saturday, (I wrote this in advance), I like get embee's work clothes and my swimming things from Friday afternoon, all washed....stupid really as I could leave it until next week, but not me... compulsive behaviour!!!

b) ironing is definitely on my list and I have a huge basketful to get through (done)

c) well it wasn't actually on my list but I did a bit of weeding.

d) start sorting clothes that I intend to take on holiday~ yes I have started trying on a few things to see if they still fit... no I'm not telling the world I've put on weight over the winter and I look gross!

e) renew my holiday insurance (no didn't get this done!)

3. Snacks I enjoy?

dried or fresh fruit....

however any kind of home made cake or biscuit would tempt me

embee sometimes brings me a bar of choc and crisps (choc yesterday!).... LOL you did notice I put the healthy option first!

4. Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionnaire?

Taking care of family and friends has always been a dream of mine. I would do a lot of charity work, possibly set up a foundation something involving children. I'd support cancer research, local hospitals and charities. Organise a bloggers party and fly everyone to somewhere warm and sunny (I know flying is not good for the environment but just once would be Ok)! and I certainly wouldn't forget the animals!
Most of all it would be worth giving away all one's wealth if you could achieve world peace and harmony between nations.

5. Three of my bad habits?

My worst habbit is that I no longer exercise enough and this is bad...bad...bad...

I spend too much time on the computer also very bad.....

It's a good job I can't afford it or I would drink too much champagne!...so for my third I will say I have a tendency to be skeptical and always look for the hidden agenda!! I think this might have something to do with my working background it didn't always pay to take things at face value in social work!

6. Five places I have lived?

I have lived in more than five different houses but only in three different places...I'm boring!

Nettlebed which I'm sure is not as I remember it as a young child.
Berkeley Looking through these photos brought back memories!
Bristol where I have actually spent most of my life, having moved here at the beginning of January 1962. I have actually lived in 6 different places in Bristol all within about a three mile radius.

7. Five jobs I've had?

I'm sure I've done a post on this before but I couldn't find it...

as a child..
worked in my parents shop and delivered newspapers
milk round and worked in greengrocers shop.

as an adult...
nurse
home care manager
social worker
ofsted inspector

8. How did you name your blog?

I'm just linking to this Fun Monday post where explaining how we named our blog was part of our task!

I don't think you have found out anything, from this post, that I haven't shared before... this is why I'm posting it on a Sunday when not many people come visiting.

I'm not passing this tag on to anyone so don't get worried, however if you are looking for a post consider yourself tagged!

Archives:
2007: The wanderer Returns + Creme de Framboise-Update

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 8/6/08 11:43, Blogger willowtree said...

I had crisps and chocolate for breakfast today, just like I do every Sunday when I go and get the paper.

 
At 8/6/08 12:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing:):)!

 
At 8/6/08 14:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may keep this in reserve for those days when my mind is blank :)
It was fun to read, the first one is hard 10 years ago I was ????

 
At 8/6/08 14:52, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

dear chrisb. Well, I just learned a bit about you :) I can't believe how busy your Sundays are - I'm a lazy sod and just sit around all weekend!

 
At 8/6/08 20:00, Blogger Grand Life said...

Thanks for your comment on my post. If you think it's weird that the daffodils aren't blooming yet- imagine how I felt this morning at 4 a.m. when I'm out on the deck trying to get 12 huge hanging baskets (that I had just picked up from the nursery) onto the safety of the porch because it was snowing like crazy. 6 hours later, it's all gone. I love your blog and appreciate your visiting mine. Thanks
Judy

 
At 9/6/08 00:55, Blogger ~ej said...

wow, you're a busy weekend gal! i try to leave my laundry for the week, i always try to take sundays off laundry. but i've done 3 today, to make up for doing none on friday. (there are 7 bodies in this house mind). :)

and i'm going to keep this in my to do meme pile....

 
At 9/6/08 04:42, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you, couldn't recall what I was doing 10 minutes ago. :)

Seems laundry is always on my list of to-do's too. :)

 
At 9/6/08 10:07, Blogger karisma said...

You just reminded me yet again that I STILL have not gotten around to completing this meme! One of these days.....LOL!

 
At 9/6/08 17:44, Blogger Steffi said...

Great post again,Chris!Nice to learn more about you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home