Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Witty Wednesday # 54 Irish dog and Marriage awareness~no connection!

John thank you for these....

Irish dog.

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only his pet dog for company. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked,'Father, my dog is dead, could ya' be saying a mass for the poor creature?'

Father Patrick replied, 'I'm afraid not, we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature.

Muldoon said, 'I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think £5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?'

Father Patrick exclaimed, ' Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus!! Why didn't ya' tell me the dog was Catholic?!'
-------------------------------------------------
Marriage Awareness
Many aspects of human sexuality are very puzzling. Take celibacy.
This can be a choice, or a condition imposed by environmental factors.

While attending a 'marriage awareness weekend', Robert and Mary listened to the instructor declare; ' It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other.'

He addressed the men. 'Can you each name your wife's favourite flower?'

Robert leaned over, touched Mary's arm gently and whispered,
'It's self raising, isn't it?'

Thus began Robert's life of celibacy.................................

Hope I've managed to put a smile on your face :)


Archives:
2007: Fun Monday # 21 What hangs on my wall

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

At 18/6/08 08:17, Blogger Beccy said...

Well I had a smile already because I'm going to see you tomorrow!

 
At 18/6/08 08:29, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Awww, I love the anecdote at the end, so very simple, and just priceless!

 
At 18/6/08 08:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the last one is just brilliant, thanks for the laugh.
have a great holiday, and give beccy a push in the pool for me, just kidding tell her we miss her blogging
have fun chris x

 
At 18/6/08 10:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priceless Chris. Thanks! :)

 
At 18/6/08 12:34, Blogger FH said...

Hahaha!! It all comes to the moolah in the end, ain't it?

 
At 18/6/08 13:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did indeed put a smile on my face!

Have a lovely holiday.

 
At 18/6/08 14:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the marriage joke!

 
At 18/6/08 15:31, Blogger Steffi said...

Nice jokes...!
Have great holidays with Beccy´s family and many greetings to Beccy and her family!Enjoy it!

 
At 18/6/08 16:59, Blogger the mother of this lot said...

Well, you've put one on mine!

 
At 18/6/08 17:38, Blogger FH said...

Chris, enjoy your holiday, didn't know you are about to leave. Have a wonderful time there!
I will be on blog break for Summer from July 11th until the end of August too, spending 2 weeks in the smoky mountains, hiking and fishing. I will come here occasionally to say hi to you!:)

 
At 18/6/08 18:19, Blogger Zoomie said...

Two smiles, in fact!

 
At 18/6/08 18:58, Blogger Betty said...

Cute, Chris. Thanks for the laugh.

 
At 18/6/08 23:43, Blogger karisma said...

Hah hah, love the four one! Sounds like something my dh would say!

 
At 18/6/08 23:50, Blogger Unknown said...

You always make me smile. :)

 
At 19/6/08 00:09, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

I needed a good laugh! Thanks for supplying me with a couple of them. Very cute and funny :)

 
At 19/6/08 02:36, Blogger Frannie said...

hilarious!!

hope Beccy's trip is great!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home