Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Partisan's Daughter

I had fully intended to write about the health assessment I had yesterday, but I got rather side tracked when my mother (who most of my regular readers will know lives with us) called me tell me that she was reading a very 'dirty' book.......
....I wonder if any of you have read it! My mother said she was not sure if I would like because it really was awful. I asked her...why, if it is that bad, was she continuing to read it! Her response was...it is quite a good story but not what she has imagined when she ordered it, and she had nearly finished it!

She then said she was going to give it to Rebecca (Beccy) to read when she visits next week.
Hmm, so it's OK for her granddaughter to read but not her daughter. She then said that I could read it afterwards! This from the woman who I remember having a copy of 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' when I was a teenager~ yes she did. I sneakily found it, and read bits, but someone at school also had a copy so it was no big deal. But why would my mother want to read it, parents shouldn't enjoy this sort of thing!!!

I then decided to look for a review of the 'dirty' book and found this one from the Independent newspaper. I actually think it sounds a good read so we'll see if Beccy thinks it's suitable for her mum to read!!!

Archives:
2007: Gifts from France

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 20/7/08 12:03, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

So there's still life in the old gal! I think that's cause for applause. Enjoy the book when your turn comes.

 
At 20/7/08 14:19, Blogger wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Mothers never cease to be mothers, no matter how old they or their daughters are. I think it's very funny that she thinks it's suitable for her granddaughter but not her daughter.

 
At 20/7/08 15:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sympatise, I have a daughter who sometimes thinks she is my mother.

 
At 20/7/08 17:35, Blogger Sam said...

And after that it's my turn cos I can tell you, "The Omnivore's Dilemma" is really too dull.

 
At 20/7/08 20:55, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ha ha. I still keep secrets from my mom (and I'm about your age, Chris).

Sam: Thank you! I can't even bring myself to start reading it, and I've had my copy for two years.

 
At 20/7/08 22:51, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC well I can dream!!

WUASTC...my mother is hilarious at times:)

grannymar I do that as well though!!

Sam we will make sure you get to read it!

CC secrets are fun...I won't reveal all!

 
At 20/7/08 23:07, Blogger Unknown said...

That's actually pretty cute! See, a mom never stops worrying about us, no matter what age we are. :)

 
At 21/7/08 00:14, Blogger willowtree said...

Hmmm, seems you decided against posting Embee's memory loss story. Or did you tweet it instead?

It should fit in twitter just fine if you use the technical medical term for it... "My husband has CRAFT"

 
At 21/7/08 02:08, Blogger Molly said...

I think that I might have read my mother's copy of Lady Chatterley's Lover too.

 
At 21/7/08 02:58, Blogger Pamela said...

it must be torrid... I couldn't open the link. ha ha.

Actually I couldn't. I think the system was busy or something

 
At 21/7/08 04:24, Blogger karisma said...

Clearly my dear, she feels she raised you better! LOL! Fancy that, she will corrupt the granddaughter but not you! Too funny!

 
At 21/7/08 09:29, Blogger Beccy said...

Oh goody, I don't have to bring a book with me next week.

 
At 21/7/08 10:20, Blogger Steffi said...

I agree with the second comment : "Mothers never cease to be mothers, no matter how old they or their daughters are." That´s so true....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home