Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Award & meme


I feel very privileged to have been given this award not only for a second but also a third time within a few days of each other by my very kind friends Kitten and Alison. I'm only sorry that it's taken me a while to get this post published. Along with the award comes a meme which I might just have done before, I didn't trawl my archives to check so here goes:

(A.) attached or single? Attached for the second time for past 30 years.

(B.) best friend? I would have to say my children

(C.) cake or pie? depends if it's home baking...I hate having to choose so I won't!

(D.) day of choice? if I was still at work it would be Friday now I'm retired it's holiDAY

(E.) essential item? gotta be the computer where would I be without you guys!

(F.) favorite color? I love autumn colours but also the whole purple/deep pink/blue range

(G.) gummy bears or worms? difficult but gummy bears

(H.) hometown? Bristol UK

(I.) favorite indulgence? Champagne

(J.) January or July? It ought to be January when it's my birthday but much prefer July when we should get some sun!

(K.) kids? two girl who have long since flown the nest

(L.) life isn't complete without? my family what else would you expect me to say

(M.) marriage date? March 78 that's as close as I'll give you and it's not because I can't remember!

(N.) number of brothers & sisters? I only have 1 brother and that's enough to cope with

(O.) oranges or apples? apples~oranges are not good for my arthritic joints

(P.) phobias? small enclosed spaces really panic me

(Q.) quotes? Love means not ever having to say you're sorry. Erich Segal

(R.) reasons to smile? being alive :)

(S.) season of choice? oooh difficult spring/autumn but summer is also great (I'm sitting on the fence on this one!)

(T.) tag seven peeps! not sure I know 7 people who haven't done this or who would thank me for tagging them~sorry but if anyone is keen let me know and I would be delighted to tag you!

(U.) unknown fact about me? if I tell it won't be unknown!

(V.) vegetable? any that are home grown and freshly picked.

(W.) worst habits? liking chocolate and crisps thats why I'm overweight!

(X.) x-ray or ultrasound? I've had both I'm sure you won't thank me for details!

(Y.) your favorite food? the food I would have as a treat is beef

(Z.) zodiac sign? Aquarius

Not sure you will have learned anything new about me!
Postscript:
I'm actually giving the award and tagging Lisa @ Bombastic Bandicoot who has been stalking following me for some months (I didn't know). I feel quite flattered. Lisa has some really cute doggy pictures you should visit her and say hello as she is fairly new to blogging.

Archives:
2007: Embee's Birthday Bash

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 12/8/08 17:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to be tagged. I've followed your blog for several months now and finally decided to start my own. If you do, you'll be my first comment...:)
Love your blog by the way. It's in my favorites at work...:O)

Lisa

 
At 12/8/08 18:00, Blogger Beccy said...

March 86?

What does that mean?

 
At 12/8/08 18:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy slip of the fingers just seeing if you were on the ball I have amended it

 
At 12/8/08 18:24, Blogger ChrisB said...

Lisa consider yourself tagged

 
At 12/8/08 23:08, Blogger storyteller said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved award and wonderful job on the ‘meme’ … I enjoyed learning a bit more about you. I received this award a while back myself and am glad there was no meme attached to it because 26 is about 20 too many questions for me to deal with at one time. LOL
How wonderful to feel your children are your best friends. Now that I’m retired, every day seems like a holiday ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 13/8/08 01:57, Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks Chris for the meme and award. I'm slightly embarassed because I didn't think about it, but in asking to be tagged for the meme, I was also asking for the award. As a new blogger, I'm quite sure I haven't earned it yet...:O) You are very gracious to humor me.

I understand your not wanting to get another dog only to suffer the agony of loss later on down the road. It's too bad that animal's have such a short life expectancy as compared to humans, isn't it.

Thanks again and I look forward to more fun in the future! Working on the meme while I'm working (need to find a reporter for a deposition tomorrow) from home.

Lisa

 
At 13/8/08 17:10, Blogger sillysausage said...

via plurke: which daughter hasn't read your blog? I read every day except witty Wednesdays. I look at it on the page though. I only actually read it sometimes. I don't always leave a comment but I check in every day.

 
At 13/8/08 17:34, Blogger ChrisB said...

sillysausage that reference was to beccy who was plurking but not commenting on my blog!

 
At 14/8/08 08:50, Blogger bichonpawz said...

These kind of memes are nice....always learn something new! And the award is very well deserved!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home