Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bowood House cont.

Although Bowood House if only about 30 miles from Bristol I have never visited this pretty Estate. My family have been several times and the main attraction for the children is the adventure playground which I showed photos of yesterday. It is very pretty and you can take a walk to the lake (I didn't this time but I do intend to return to explore some more). I walked over to look at the house and the formal terraced gardens and here are some of the photos I took:






For the history of Bowwood Estate look here. I was not able to get a shot of the whole of the house but if you are interested you will see it in the link.



Archives:
2007: Quick Hello

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 10/8/08 15:57, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful gardens!!

 
At 10/8/08 15:57, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10/8/08 15:59, Blogger Unknown said...

That was me, it came through twice!

 
At 10/8/08 17:11, Blogger Sam said...

i think i prefer the look of the adventure playground

 
At 10/8/08 17:17, Blogger Steffi said...

Very beautiful garden,Chris!That´s typical for England such wonderful parks!Really nice!

 
At 10/8/08 18:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah England! Lovely pictures.

 
At 10/8/08 22:55, Blogger kitten said...

Beautiful!!! Just breath taking!

 
At 11/8/08 21:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam shame on you a little culture and a nice walk is good for you

steffi it is quite a small estate so easy to walk around and something for the whole family. Although I think most families are attracted to the adventure playground for the children.

 
At 12/8/08 00:17, Blogger sallywrites said...

Gorgeous!!

 
At 12/8/08 15:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's brought back memories... I went to Bowood several times when I was younger, my Gran lives near Swindon and took us over there when we stayed with her.

The playground was fantastic!

 
At 12/8/08 22:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful park! Thanks!

 
At 12/8/08 23:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

marita thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home