Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This and That!

I haven't written a proper post today as I didn't have enough time to prepare my photos. This is because I spent quite a lot of today catching up reading the rest of the Fun Monday posts I couldn't get to yesterday. I'm still not sure I actually made it to everyone, but I did my best.

Rather than reply individually to all the entertaining answers you gave to the question I posed, I would just like to say thank you for your brilliant efforts. If you had been here you would have heard me laughing; I just knew there would be a lot of inspired responses to my little bit of nonsense!

Anyone who reads my blog regularly might remember my mother is being investigated for a problem with her lung. So far they haven't found the cause and early this evening we had to take her for a scan. It was an odd time 5:25pm but it did mean Embee was home to drive us and drop us off as close as possible to the Radiology department. It was not easy for my mother lying in the position necessary for the scan but she managed it and survived the ordeal, by concentrating on saying her prayers throughout.
Thanks to the helpful cleaner (I'm sure they have some fancy name these days), I found out where the wheelchairs are kept and borrowed one to save my mother the long walk through the building to the exit door. She could hardly breath and the injections had made her feel a bit dizzy (I wonder why they didn't warn us!). She is now safely tucked up in bed, because we go back tomorrow afternoon to see the consultant and hopefully he will have the scan results and will give us a diagnosis.
If you could keep her in your thoughts tomorrow afternoon I would appreciate it.

Archives:
2007: John's Challenge

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At 19/8/08 22:10, Blogger Beccy said...

Tell granny I'm thinking about her.

 
At 19/8/08 23:18, Blogger Barbara said...

I have 3 monthly scans and I hate them. Hope Granny is okay. Good luck with the visit today.

 
At 19/8/08 23:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts haven't left her since this afternoon's plurking. Will keep her in my prayers!

 
At 19/8/08 23:58, Blogger kitten said...

You and yours are in my prayers! Hope all is fine.
I wanna now the answer!!!!!!!

 
At 20/8/08 02:24, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Fingers' crossed you actually get a result, one way or the other. it's not always so good not knowing what is going on sometimes, huh? :(

Cyalayta
Mal :)

 
At 20/8/08 04:20, Blogger Sam said...

please remind granny I love her.
xxx

 
At 20/8/08 04:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers for you both.

 
At 20/8/08 05:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you both. I hope your Mum feels better tomorrow.

 
At 20/8/08 08:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes they certainly should have warned you of the side effects.

Hope all goes well with the consult and will be thinking off your mum x

 
At 20/8/08 15:30, Blogger Happy Working Mom said...

My thoughts are with you guys...I really hope they are able to tell you exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.

 
At 20/8/08 20:03, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

Best wishes.

 
At 21/8/08 03:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your mother I'm keeping her in my prayers.

My FIL has recently had lung problems too. They keep having to drain a bunch of fluid off. There was no sign of cancer, but no reason for the fluid build-up either.

 
At 21/8/08 11:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with your Mum, Chris, especially having gone through something similar recently.

 
At 21/8/08 14:01, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. I expect some of you will know from plurk that the good news is my mother does not have cancer. She has scarring on the lung but still has some more tests to be done. Then the consultant can decide if there is any treatment for the fluid in her lungs.

 
At 21/8/08 20:09, Blogger Alison said...

I just finished reading all the FM's today!!

Have you gotten the results yet? I hope all is well and that she is feeling better today.

 
At 22/8/08 09:00, Blogger Steffi said...

Chris, my thoughts are with you!I hope Granny is okay!Good luck!

 
At 23/8/08 20:29, Blogger Pamela said...

I see you commented and cleared on the one question.

I'm surprised they just didn't drain it off her lung (the fluid)

 
At 3/9/08 02:16, Blogger ~ej said...

oh no, poor mum...hugs and prayers to her (many days later).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home