Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Autumn Jobs

I've been pretty busy today and I haven't really had any time to prepare a proper post.
It is now officially Autumn (yesterday being the Autum Equinox) so the days will be getting much cooler and it will be getting darker a little earlier each day. As it was a dry day I decided to spend some time in the garden putting away the garden furniture until next year. As I was doing this it made me realise that we've had such a rotten summer that I've only managed to eat my lunch outside, a couple of times this year. So I'm hoping for a mild winter to make up for it!


Archives:
2007: Sunday
Archives:
2007: Sunny Saturday

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 24/9/08 01:44, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

We put up a gazebo in the backyard over the weekend, and I plan on eating many meals beneath it...as soon as the weather gets below 95 degrees!

 
At 24/9/08 02:00, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

I guess I did sit outside on my slab with a beverage in my hand a few times this summer. But I don't think my general dissatisfaction with this summer has anything to do with the weather--it was a crappy summer for me personally and I just didn't enjoy much of anything.

 
At 24/9/08 05:48, Blogger wendishness said...

Let's hope that winter is mild for you after such an ordinary summer!

 
At 24/9/08 06:53, Blogger bichonpawz said...

It IS sad putting away the summer things...we'll be closing up the cottage in just a couple of weeks. I'm never ready. It's sad...

 
At 24/9/08 08:52, Blogger ChrisB said...

swampangel are you trying to make me feel even worse! While you are enjoying all that warmth and outdoor living think of us shivering in the cold :)

 
At 24/9/08 15:41, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We cleaned the garage on the weekend and have been putting the car in at nights. Just in time: we actually had frost one night.

 
At 24/9/08 15:47, Blogger storyteller said...

Reading of the preparations folks in other parts of the world need to make when Autumn arrives makes me appreciate living where I do all the more. Of course, a little ‘variety’ might be nice … but I can ‘travel’ to see such things if I choose … right? I do hope the winter is a mild one on your behalf.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 24/9/08 18:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are the same Chris, my hubby is the BBQ/eating in the garden king. Maybe next year... or a really mild winter huh? :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home