Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Witty Wednesday # 69 The prize and Divorced Barbie!


Thank you Daffy these made me laugh!

The Prize


John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, 'Here's to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife!'.

That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!

He went home and told his wife, Mary, 'I won the prize for the Best toast of the night.'

She said, 'Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?'

John said, 'Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife.'

'Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!' Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, 'John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary.'

She said, 'Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been there twice in the last four years. Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come.'

************************************

The Divorced Barbie Doll

One day a father is on his way home and suddenly remembers that it's his daughter's birthday.

He pulls over to a Toy Shop and asks the sales person, 'How much for one of those Barbie's in the display window?'

The salesperson answers, 'Which one do you mean, Sir?

We have: Work Out Barbie for $19.95, Shopping Barbie for $19.95, Beach Barbie for $19.95, Disco Barbie for $19.95, Ballerina Barbie for $19.95, Astronaut Barbie for $19.95, Skater Barbie for $19.95, and Divorced Barbie for $265.95'.

The amazed father asks: 'It 's what?! Why is the Divorced Barbie $265.95 and the others only $19.95?'

The annoyed salesperson rolls her eyes, sighs, and answers: 'Sir..., Divorced Barbie comes with: Ken's Car, Ken's House, Ken's Boat, Ken's Furniture, Ken's Computer, one of Ken's Friends, and a key chain made with Ken's balls

If I've made you laugh I will be happy!

Archives:
2007: Fun Monday 38 Clothing-art

Archives:
2006: Leaf Peeping+ Boston

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 22/10/08 10:42, Blogger karisma said...

Love the Barbie one! Very funny!

 
At 22/10/08 14:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Barbie one still makes me laugh now!
Glad you enjoyed them :o)

 
At 22/10/08 15:10, Blogger Sabrina said...

Thanks for the good laugh to get the day going!

 
At 22/10/08 16:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me laugh twice over!

 
At 22/10/08 19:28, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That first one just about had me rotfl.

 
At 22/10/08 19:43, Blogger Jill said...

speaking of money, someone once recently mentioned that englanders pay out half/50% of their wages in taxes in order to have things like their health care system. obviously, i have you i can ask, if you'll answer. like many of us here in the US, it's voting time, and although our vote has been cast, it would be interesting to know how much you usually pay out in wage-taxes to fund things like government run health care, etc.

 
At 22/10/08 21:26, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Cheers! I'll drink to that. heh heh.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

 
At 23/10/08 02:56, Blogger Barbara said...

love them both.

 
At 23/10/08 05:52, Blogger Pamela said...

Those Irish men are always getting themselves into trouble.

 
At 29/10/08 18:07, Blogger storyteller said...

I’m WAY behind again on posts … doing what I can to catch up, but your Witty Wednesdays always draw me in when time permits. Thanks for the laughter ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home