Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An evening to remember.

Yesterday I was invited to a small social gathering at my friend Anna's. There were only eight of us but Anna is a wonderful hostess. She is one of those maddening people who does everything with ease. Her home is always perfect, she is an excellent cook and she never has a hair out of place. When we go swimming, my other friend, Tina, and I go quite casually dressed and we don't worry about our hair. Anna always dries and styles her hair, while we just run a comb ours through and let it dry.

Anyway I digress, on arrival at Anna's house, we were welcomed with several glasses of Glogg, (Swedish Christmas Punch-I wasn't driving so it was OK). This went down very well as it was a cold misty evening. Anna then tempted us with trays of delicious Smørbrød. There was such an array of beautifully presented little slices of rye bread with wonderful toppings such as prawns, pork, salami, herring, salmon, cheese, siting on lettuce and garnished with herbs and there were some Swedish meat balls, which I love.
I really cannot describe how lovely it all looked and tasted and I only wish I had remembered to take photos. This will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
It was a very enjoyable evening and I arrived home just before midnight-it's usually Embee who is out late not me but this time he was home tucked up in bed.

Archives:
2007: Silent Sunday

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 17/12/08 01:05, Blogger Lisa said...

Sounds delish! Glad you had a fun time. Sounds very Christmassy! :)

Lisa

 
At 17/12/08 05:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful party! I love Christmas parties.

 
At 17/12/08 07:22, Blogger kitten said...

Sounds WONDERFUL! Glad you had a great time!

 
At 17/12/08 08:50, Blogger karisma said...

Sounds wonderful! My friend Anna is just like me, barefoot, slobby and blaze! I love her to death! She just had a new baby for us to share! he he!

 
At 17/12/08 19:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sounding party with sumptious food! Yum, yum.

 
At 18/12/08 01:47, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

That sounds soooooooo gooooooood!

 
At 18/12/08 04:03, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

I had a great meal made by a great hostess at book club on Monday night. Her table looked beautiful. It made a change from eating while standing over the sink.

 
At 18/12/08 05:12, Blogger Alison said...

it sounds like a wonderful evening with friends...good food, good drink, and good company. My favorite kind of night.

 
At 18/12/08 08:49, Blogger Beccy said...

Sounds like you had a great evening mum xxx

 
At 19/12/08 05:28, Blogger Pamela said...

I just shake my head, too.
I just wish the rest of me would quit wiggling along with it.

I bet she thinks the same things about the things she eats at your house. I love seeing the wonderful things you cook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home