Sunday, December 28, 2008

Personal choice!

Today I went took my son-in-law to choose his Christmas present at this shop.
Joules now enjoys doing some cooking but didn't have any decent knives. He handled this German knife and liked it and then we found there was a special deal so the other two came free-now that's what I like..... a bargain. I, also, bought him a sharpener and a magnetic knife strip to go with it.
There were some lovely wooden chopping boards but they were too heavy to carry back to Dublin so Beccy will buy him one when they get home.

I, also, bought myself a magnetic strip for my knives and I think I might go back and get a new chopping board; and maybe a new saucepan because guess who managed to burn one of her pans on Christmas Day....I cannot tell a lie or blame anyone else it was moi!!


Archives:
2007: My Grandson made Dinner
2006: Cheese and Broccoli Soup

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 29/12/08 14:24, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

They look like the same brand of knives that we use.

 
At 29/12/08 16:02, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I went out and purposely bought myself a new set of chopping knives, very similar to yours, a few years ago. I really don't know what i did in the kitchen before, without them! They're a great thing to own, seriously. That's a great, practical gift that screams "I really care about you" written all over them. Good on you.

 
At 29/12/08 16:45, Blogger Pamela said...

you burned a pan? I'm sorry, but... it makes me feel better. I thought I was the only one that ever did that.

 
At 29/12/08 17:43, Blogger sillysausage said...

you burnt the pan??????? ha ha ha

 
At 29/12/08 19:03, Blogger ChrisB said...

Pamela and sam I am so upset with myself I had that set of pans for years and now I need to replace.
Sam I'm very thankful to have your le cruset!

AC I only have one really good knife and mine is Japanese. These do look good so hope they will be OK for Julian. I shall await his verdict with interest.

Mal I never really appreciated the value of a good knife until my daughter (sam) complained about my knives when she was trying to cook here. So I bought myself one when I visited her in US last year and am now a convert!

 
At 30/12/08 00:36, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

I'm very hard on pans.

 
At 30/12/08 10:19, Blogger Beccy said...

Of course me who does loads of cooking is expected to continue with the crap knives, Joules cooks the odd meal and he 'needs' good knifes. Strikes me as mighty strange that!

 
At 30/12/08 10:26, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy I honestly don't think you would have appreciated me offering you a knife as a present-this way you get to use them-see very clever of me! :)

 
At 30/12/08 15:32, Blogger Beccy said...

Just thought yoy'd like to know that Joules has planned the next three meals and will be using his knife and new cookery book!

 
At 30/12/08 15:39, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy fingers crossed the knife will be OK. You could always write a post and let us know the meals he has cooked!

 
At 21/12/12 16:20, Anonymous M Mitchell said...

We would be really grateful if you could update the link on this post from: http://www.iavon.co.uk/profile/274793/Bristol/Kitchens-Catering-Utensils-Ltd/ to: http://www.ibristol.co.uk/profile/274793/Bristol/Kitchens-Catering-Utensils-Ltd/

Kind regards
iAvon/Bristol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home