Sunday, January 18, 2009

Unusual Playmates!

I love Norbert Rosing's striking images of a wild polar bear meeting tethered huskies in the wilds of Canada's Hudson Bay. Thank you Daffy for sharing these with me. Take a look here for a short video which shows clearer pictures.







The photographer was sure that he was going to see the end of his dogs when the polar bear wandered in, but...

The Polar Bear apparently returned every night that week to play with the dogs.
I think these are amazing shots that Norbert Rosing captured, it must have been brilliant to see it close up.

Archives:
2008: Surprize!
2007: Gale Force Winds

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 18/1/09 14:30, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Oh, that's so neat! Thanks.

 
At 18/1/09 14:43, Blogger Cuppa said...

Awesome!

 
At 18/1/09 16:50, Blogger Pamela said...

someone Emailed these to me, too.
It made me wonder if the bear was playing with his food. ouch.

Certainly is captivating.

 
At 18/1/09 18:56, Blogger Sabrina said...

Gives new meaning to the phrase "bear hug"! Lovely!

 
At 18/1/09 19:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are lovely pics. Pamela made me laugh..when our hamster licks my finger I always think he is tenderising his food! :o)

 
At 19/1/09 21:23, Blogger storyteller said...

Seeing these unlikely friends play together raises unlimited possibilities for ourselves. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 20/1/09 02:50, Blogger Alison said...

these stories always bring tears to my eyes. thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home