Friday, February 13, 2009

Killiney Bay Part # 1

The day after I arrived in Dublin we awoke to snow but by the afternoon it had cleared and the sun was out so we decided to take a walk along Killiney beach.
In the summer they actually import sand to parts of this beach; in winter it's all pebbles, but it's still a popular place to enjoy the sea or exercise the dogs.

The beach looks deserted but I assure you there were quite a few people out walking. I just got lucky whith my shots!


The two photos below were taken from the road looking down onto the beach from the other end. The photo immediately above shows Killiney Hill and you might be able to spot the place where I took these last two shots.
Beccy and I had a lovely walk in the sun on Tuesday morning and it almost felt like a Spring day.

You can just see the mountains, that are currently in my header, in the background of these pictures. Also some snow on the high ground.
The gardens of these houses are very well kept and we saw the gardeners hard at work.

Archives:
2008: Witty Wednesday-37
2007: I'm the proud owner of an Eggbeater T-shirt

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 13/2/09 11:11, Blogger Steffi said...

Very beautiful photo´s,Chris!I wish I could be there too! Enjoy your days with Beccy!Greetings!

 
At 13/2/09 15:00, Blogger Beccy said...

They don't import sand every year, they did it once or twice a few years ago but it seems to have disappeared now.

 
At 13/2/09 15:47, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Palm trees in Ireland, eh? Well, I shouldn't be surprised because I've seen them in BC.

 
At 13/2/09 15:59, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy I thought you meant they did it every year. This is the most pebbly I've ever seen it.

AC Palm Trees do seem to be everywhere. They even have one in a garden a couple of houses along from where I live.

 
At 13/2/09 19:20, Blogger A Spot of T said...

I am LOVING all these photos you're sharing! Looks like a gorgeous place to live...and visit.

 
At 13/2/09 21:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beach looks very rocky! (oh, I see Beccy's comment.)

Glad you had such a great time.

 
At 14/2/09 00:11, Blogger Pamela said...

very inviting Chris!
I do sooooo want to travel.
I can't keep living vicariously through you.. ha ha ha.

 
At 14/2/09 01:37, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Oh wow... oh wow! thank you so much!!!

 
At 14/2/09 06:56, Blogger bichonpawz said...

What beautiful pictures Chris! Thank you for sharing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home