Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun Monday # 109 Easter Baskets


Easter will soon be here and so this week jMo has asked us to think about filling our Easter Baskets she wants us to:

Share a story, is it better to give or to receive, what would you like in yours?

For many this religious festival has has just become another commercial enterprise.
Others celebrate according to their beliefs and religious denominations.
Christians consider eggs to be "the seed of life" and so they are symbolic of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Don't worry I'm not about to preach to you but this topic made me think a lot about what I would really like in my basket. I enjoy receiving gifts, who doesn't, but I get so much more pleasure from giving.

I don't really have a particular story to tell but I do remember one year when my daughters were young and Embee managed to get a £5 note inside their eggs so they had a lovely surprise.

Now in my basket there would be.....

Everlasting world peace (it would be wonderful)

Amelioration of poverty (sadly I think this is getting worse not better)

Sunshine (we haven't had much for the last few months and everyone feels better when it's warm and sunny)

Ticket to travel (I have the travel bug)

Extra pension (will help with the travel)

Recession to end sooner rather than later.

Wishing everyone an Easter basket brimming with happiness and good health.

I'm looking forward to peeping in your baskets!

Archives:
2008: Awards and Shoes
2007: Spain continued

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 30/3/09 08:38, Blogger Beccy said...

I just can't believe Easter is nearly upon us, this year is flying by!

 
At 30/3/09 11:12, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Wow....this is truly a wonderful, thoughtful and unselfish post. I love it.

My Fun Monday is posted. Can you find some time to stop by for a visit today? Hope so. Have a great week.

 
At 30/3/09 12:56, Blogger FH said...

Great meaningful Easter phrases. This year is flying by so quickly! Happy Easter in advance, enjoy!:)

 
At 30/3/09 13:09, Blogger kitten said...

Great job!

 
At 30/3/09 14:43, Anonymous margaret (the misanthrope) said...

Wonderful post!! I agree with each one of your Easter items. I didn't get a post together in time this week, but hopefully I'll be on the ball next time. Happy FM to you!

 
At 30/3/09 15:44, Blogger Pamela said...

My basket, too.
I agree with your assessments.


(I just didn't get a post done for Fun Monday. My eyes were whirling but there was nothing behind them)

 
At 30/3/09 15:49, Blogger Sayre said...

Oooo... I'll have what you're having! Love your basket idea!

 
At 30/3/09 17:13, Anonymous jill said...

i would love your basket..

 
At 30/3/09 17:37, Blogger Jeanna said...

Lovely thoughts and clever. Hey, the sun is shining today, was that you?

 
At 30/3/09 18:20, Blogger Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

How smart you were to do an acrostic with EASTER! Great Fun Monday post.

 
At 30/3/09 22:25, Blogger Living Life said...

Those would all be nice things to have in your basket. Happy FM!

 
At 30/3/09 23:57, Blogger Hula Girl at Heart said...

What Hootin' Anni said!

 
At 31/3/09 00:39, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Easter? Really? When, did you say...?!? O.O

 
At 31/3/09 06:21, Blogger Gattina said...

That's the best basket I can think of, I want the same !!

 
At 31/3/09 18:40, Blogger Attie said...

What some good things to have!! Easter is not as early as last year!!

 
At 1/4/09 02:59, Blogger kitten said...

I have a little something at my blog to add a little Sun Shine in your day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home